January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

3 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I don't think it's all positive other than Ings, I wouldn't have let Sanson go at all for a start. He was just showing signs he might be good enough to push for a place in the team and we turf him out. Ridiculous

No other way round, ings should have been kept till summer and sanson should have been sold rather than loaned, very frustrating club we only can loan players out and never get a permanent outgoing.

3 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I don't think it's all positive other than Ings, I wouldn't have let Sanson go at all for a start. He was just showing signs he might be good enough to push for a place in the team and we turf him out. Ridiculous

We are pretty stacked in that position. Emery decided he wasn’t going to play enough. 

Just now, HKP90 said:

He's played 15 career games in under 18's competitions. He's nowhere near ready. We put him in the pressure of the first team we'll break him. 

Impossible to state that. Some players hit the ground running, also if he was coming in as an emergency plan C he would know that the fans would be pointing elsewhere (lack of investment) rather than at him. 

12 minutes ago, nick76 said:

What you’ve written, if you don’t see that, I don’t know what to tell you! I can’t believe you actually think we have a strong squad…bizarre.,

Where's the issues? You keep saying it but haven't really explained. 

13 minutes ago, allani said:

So what?  It makes is that much harder for us to sell our project and aspirations to be challenging for (and getting) European places when it comes to trying to attract our top targets for the summer who are likely to be considering options from clubs in Europe who have qualified for the CL and / or other teams expecting to finish in the top half of the PL next season.

This is just nonsense though. 

Look at the players we've signed and the manager we have and we haven't finished in the top half of this league in over a decade. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, est1874 said:

yet not a single PL club showed any interest and the only team that did are one that's fighting relegation in the french league

i have no ill feelings towards sanson, but prior to stevenage he had 0 goals, 0 assists, 0 big chances created. he looked after the ball well and came across that he was a tidy player but actually did very little

• Like 2

Just now, Powehi said:

Impossible to state that. Some players hit the ground running, also if he was coming in as an emergency plan C he would know that the fans would be pointing elsewhere (lack of investment) rather than at him. 

OK in my opinion, it is irresponsible to put a player who is developing into a situation where he is expected to get goals for a Premier League team. He's never played at first team level in any team in any league. 

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I know Romano etc have said no move for Guendozi, but i've got to wonder where Marseille are suddenly getting the money from?

Might be the money they got for Gerson and Bamba Dieng, still the fees for those 2 weren’t massive and wouldn’t cover what they’ve spent this window.

• Like 1

Blimey folks, calm down. It seems like some of you would just sign anyone to make the numbers up. We've done that before a wasted a ton of money. Emery won't do that.

If whoever he wants isn't available now he will wait until they are. Is there any player who is going elswhere that we could have got that we would actually of wanted? Probably

not. We have to be patient. The players we've got have played well under Emery and the ones we've offloaded wouldn't have featured anyway so we're no worse off in that

regard

• Like 3

1 minute ago, rubberman said:

Obviously the clock is ticking, but in previous windows we've had a 'That's it for Villa' message by now, but from the silence I still believe there's something more going to happen.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Remember we use to get excitement in transfer windows 😐

Screenshot_20230131-131045_Chrome.jpg

How lot of good that window did. Just left us with an aging 10 ton dead weight in midfield. I'll pass.