January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

4 minutes ago, Powehi said:

He's not, but I'm not sure if you and the few others who keep acting like we have to put the tea lady on the bench next week because all of our players are going to get injured are!

Let's sell all but 11 players eh? Clear the decks and make as much money back as we can because everyone knows we're going to splurge and buy a world-beater in every position come summer.

Can wholeheartedly say that I'm glad you're not in charge of any transfer business.

Edited by est1874
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Not a fan of Fabrizio he thinks he knows just everything, his reliability is unmatched however even he has got a few wrong, so i wouldn’t rest on that, i still believe it can happen anyway, i did say i was 80% certain before but now that’s probably gone down to 50%.

17 minutes ago, av1 said:

I just took your advice. Didn’t go down too well with our receptionist. 

You can always raise a grievance if you think you have been treated unfairly...

Cause of grievance - please include all relevant details

"It was transfer deadline day, I was feeling low and thought I deserved a boost. Talk of Simon Dawkins definitely helped a bit, but if I am honest, didn't really fill the gaping void that was starting to form deep inside, so I asked Debbie for some help with my problem and she was just incredibly rude. Unnecessarily so, in my opinion"

Just now, est1874 said:

Let's all but 11 players eh? Clear the decks and make as much money back as we can because everyone knows we're going to splurge and buy a world-beater in every position come summer.

Can wholeheartedly say that I'm glad you're not in charge of any transfer business.

With your quivering levels of hyperbole, I'm glad you aren't either or we'd never have got rid of the deadwood. Change is coming, and we have a solid 18-19 players to keep us going until then.

• Haha 1

Duran’s finishing is quite weak from what ive seen and he sometimes just blasts the ball over the bar rather than looking to play it off which i dont like, he needs too much time on the ball , he will certainly not be up to scratch for at least another year.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

We swapped Ings for Duran. 
We added a first team wing back.
We have Carlos back.

We off-loaded a bunch of reserves who were only getting time on the cups. 

The only question mark over our January moves is whether we should have let Ings go. Other than that it’s all positive news. 

I 100% believe that Duran suits Emery’s play style more than Ings. I think Emery would have used Duran off the bench ahead of Ings even if Ings had stayed.

For that reason it makes total sense to let Ings go while we can still get money for him.

I also have no doubt that if Emery thought Ings was crucial to his plans he’d still be here. 

I don't think it's all positive other than Ings, I wouldn't have let Sanson go at all for a start. He was just showing signs he might be good enough to push for a place in the team and we turf him out. Ridiculous

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

This place is getting weird, I’m off for a couple of hours! We are now talking about Rory Wilson leading the line with telepathic connection to Buendia….

See you all later for more!

See you in the Summer Transfer Windows 2023 thread, for the post January Transfer Window 2023 meltdown. 🤣

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

This place is getting weird, I’m off for a couple of hours! We are now talking about Rory Wilson leading the line with telepathic connection to Buendia….

See you all later for more!

"...for all we know." Your former avatar Brian Little started as a teenager for us and did pretty well after all.

I know we didn't sign Tammy but there's no need to storm off. 

2 minutes ago, Powehi said:

With your quivering levels of hyperbole, I'm glad you aren't either or we'd never have got rid of the deadwood. Change is coming, and we have a solid 18-19 players to keep us going until then.

Someone's feathers got a bit ruffled!

4 minutes ago, Powehi said:

What about as plan C? He's very highly rated - sometimes players step up in times of adversity. Could strike up a telepathic understanding with Buendia for all we know.

He's played 15 career games in under 18's competitions. He's nowhere near ready. We put him in the pressure of the first team we'll break him. 

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

So why did we sell Ings? 🤔

because it was the chance to get 15m for a squad player on 120k a week that would've either gone for peanuts or let his contract run out.

they also did a year of scouting on duran and obviously trusted that he would be fine as watkins' back up

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, allani said:

So what?  It makes is that much harder for us to sell our project and aspirations to be challenging for (and getting) European places when it comes to trying to attract our top targets for the summer who are likely to be considering options from clubs in Europe who have qualified for the CL and / or other teams expecting to finish in the top half of the PL next season.

Kamara signed with that imposter as our manager over the summer. Don't think that will be a concern. 

Unai has actually succeeded at the highest levels of club football.  Questioning his ability to attract players is a bit laughable.

• Like 1