January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

8 minutes ago, Villa 59 said:

I wonder if Alex Scott from Bristol City is on our rada? This kid has got serious talent and would definitely be worth a punt at 20mil or so. He's the next Jack Grealish imo....very similar player to Jack... he's going to be a real star in the future I reckon

I wish. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Bednarek was in response to Carlos getting injured, Dendonker was in response to Kamara getting injured (i think) both signings triggered by circumstance.

I think the fact we are letting a fair few players go, means we must be confident of getting a couple in, otherwise we are a couple of injuries from trouble

Kamara was injured mid September v Southampton. Think Dendoncker was just in case Luiz had gone on strike.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Villa 59 said:

I wonder if Alex Scott from Bristol City is on our rada? This kid has got serious talent and would definitely be worth a punt at 20mil or so. He's the next Jack Grealish imo....very similar player to Jack... he's going to be a real star in the future I reckon

I don't think we are at a place where we can spank 25m on the table for championship potential to just loan him back out right away.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’ve read they want £25m for Scott. I’d pay that in a heartbeat and loan him back to them for the rest of the season. I think he’s going to be an absolute baller in a couple of years time. 

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, beachboys1 said:

to finish the season with a squad with 19 players if we dont get any more is ridiculus

What is the point of the youth academy if those players cannot fill a void in the squad ? O'Reilly, Raikhy, Bogarde, Kesler-Hayden, K Young, should  hopefully be able to step up when called upon so I *don’t see the need  to be concerned, and no way is it *ridiculous IMO… 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

What is the point of the youth academy if those players cannot fill a void in the squad ? O'Reilly, Raikhy, Bogarde, Kesler-Hayden, K Young, should  hopefully be able to step up when called upon so I’m not too concerned, and no way is it *ridiculous

It is a lot to ask in this climate tbf. We've got to the point where our squad rotation options are 15m+.

13 minutes ago, thabucks said:

What is the point of the youth academy if those players cannot fill a void in the squad ? O'Reilly, Raikhy, Bogarde, Kesler-Hayden, K Young, should  hopefully be able to step up when called upon so I *don’t see the need  to be concerned, and no way is it *ridiculous IMO… 

Agreed.  Shouldn't they be now pushing for first team experience or what's the point?

1 hour ago, Adman said:

Agreed.  Shouldn't they be now pushing for first team experience or what's the point?

I often think this about the academy as a whole. If it's purpose is to produce players for Aston Villa then it fails miserably with like 1 every 5 years making the grade. If it's to just produce generic footballers that might play anywhere from the 2nd to 10th tier then it does its job, albeit at quite an expense to us.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I often think this about the academy as a whole. If it's purpose is to produce players for Aston Villa then it fails miserably with like 1 every 5 years making the grade. If it's to just produce generic footballers that might play anywhere from the 2nd to 10th tier then it does its job, albeit at quite an expense to us.

Jack and Chuk....should have paid for the academy for years.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Alex Scott or Alberto Moleiro for £20 mill+…

Which one you choosing ? 

Moleiro because he's less likely to love beer, partying, laughing gas, have crap music taste and have an awful sense in fashion.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Both are poor in nearly every match they play. At the end of this window, I’m hoping neither are starting as they certainly don’t deserve to. They’re in the side at the moment because there is nobody else to come in. 

Don't mind this opinion. 

Jack Harrison being better than both is my issue.

Bertie T to come back as well of course!