January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

23 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

No he is. Not forc19/20 but 20/21 season. 

I think the list of investigations will just keep on expanding.  So I would definitely steer clear of anyone connected with Juventus.  It feels like the authorities can smell blood and are going to find more issues once they start looking.  Maybe worth looking at their academy stars in the summer - although by that point they might be the only players left at the club who are available to play next season...  Probably a good time to have more connections with the Spanish league system. 😉 

Comon in reality any decent player to hit the ground running is 40-50 mill plus these days. Why do the board claim to have aspirations of European football, yet we are still looking in the bargain basement for players who might come good..

We will only end up being the shittest football team to ever reach top 6, if ever.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Comon in reality any decent player to hit the ground running is 40-50 mill plus these days. Why do the board claim to have aspirations of European football, yet we are still looking in the bargain basement for players who might come good..

We will only end up being the shittest football team to ever reach top 6, if ever.

The hell are you on about? 🤨

17 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Brighton, Fulham and Brentford are all currently above us doing just that.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Equally, there are £40/50m+ players who come to the Prem and are dreadful.

I mean, Mahrez cost Leicester 450k...

Edited by Beastmix
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, NoelVilla said:

Sorry but I only watch Colo Colo games so haven't seen this kid so much :popcorn:

Who was the player we were close to signing from Colo Colo......... think it was Little or Gregory era ?

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

The premier league is littered with £70-90m players who have been dreadful. 

Pepe, Pogba, Antony (early days I realise), Lukaku (twice), Sancho, Maguire. 

You take a gamble even at that price point. 

If spending large sums guaranteed success, Chelsea would be walking away with the league this season.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Bang on here. Be careful tho they call you a troll for stating your opinion 😂

• Like 1

Everton have spent over 20 million on something like 25 players and are complete shite. There's no blanket rule when it comes to transfers so I never get just moaning over the specific number spent  as if it's the be-all and end-all. Kamara wouldn't be a better player if Villa generously gave Marseilles 40 million for him rather than jumping on the opportunity to get him for free.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

And PSG and Arsenal aside, Emery never really splashed the cash.  His Villarreal team was littered with Premier League rejects.

He spent money when he could, and didn't when he couldn't...