January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

That’s the reason we shouldn’t have signed him in the first place. He’s had big issues with his knees in the past hasn’t he? I think we were relatively lucky with his injuries, but that right there shows why getting the money we did and the wages off his books was such a good deal. 

There's always a reason not to sign somebody.

To be fair, his injury record is not as bad as you'd think, he had the two bad knee injuries at Liverpool but since then his injury record is actually pretty good.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/danny-ings/verletzungen/spieler/134294

Season Injury from until Days Games missed
20/21 Knock Jan 6, 2021 Jan 25, 2021 19 days 3Southampton FC
20/21 Hamstring Injury Dec 20, 2020 Dec 28, 2020 8 days 1Southampton FC
20/21 Knee Injury Nov 2, 2020 Dec 6, 2020 34 days 3Southampton FC
18/19 Hamstring Injury Feb 3, 2019 Mar 30, 2019 55 days 6Southampton FC
18/19 Hamstring Injury Jan 3, 2019 Jan 18, 2019 15 days 3Southampton FC
18/19 Hamstring Injury Nov 14, 2018 Dec 15, 2018 31 days 5Southampton FC
18/19 Knock Aug 26, 2018 Aug 31, 2018 5 days 1Southampton FC
16/17 Knee Surgery Oct 26, 2016 Aug 10, 2017 288 days 35Liverpool FC
15/16 Cruciate Ligament Rupture Oct 15, 2015 May 12, 2016 210 days 50Liverpool FC
14/15 Hamstring Injury Sep 15, 2014 Oct 16, 2014 31 days 3Burnley FC
13/14 Torn ankle ligament Mar 13, 2014 Apr 7, 2014 25 days 5Burnley FC

I'm sure his injury record was noted and considered when we signed him, and I'm sure he'd of gone through plenty of tests before everything was confirmed.

The fact is we did our due diligence and he had no injuries with us, so our recruitment was correct on that score.

I'm not saying we were right to buy him or wrong to sell him, I'm just saying his injuries shouldn't really come in to it. He'd proven to not be injury prone for multiple seasons before joining us.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Cruel thing to say but hopefully the add-ons for Ings is not tied to appearances and just West Ham avoiding relegation.

I imagine it's a combination of the two. Then avoiding relegation part of it, him playing a part in that another.

And yes, that is a cruel but financially sound comment.

Hope it's not any more serious than just keeping him out a few weeks. Shame for him.

• Like 1

If they can get him back in time for the Spurs and Forest games then that will be huge for them. Spurs is a London derby so anything can happen and would back them to put on a good showing against Forest if Ings is playing, think that would be quite a scrappy but evenly matched game

18 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Why BBC have 18m old article that we've signed Duran? Was it not official or just BBC delay like their match live update threads?

They are only about an hour late!  Which for a transfer announcement isn't bad - but for a match live update thread would be pretty poor.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Our squad is looking thin with Archer, Ings, Sanson, Bednarek gone. Also Nakamba on the brink 

I just hope we don't panic buy and replace shit with shit. 7 days to go.

It will be fine as long as you sent the club your list of the 10000 players you have recommended on here over the last couple of months. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

It will be fine as long as you sent the club your list of the 10000 players you have recommended on here over the last couple of months. 

Well the scouts didn't know who Duran or what the MLS was until they saw my list🤣

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Our squad is looking thin with Archer, Ings, Sanson, Bednarek gone. Also Nakamba on the brink 

I just hope we don't panic buy and replace shit with shit. 7 days to go.

Just in terms of Nakamba. What is he on the brink of exactly? Has there been any reports of him joining another club or is it just the same statements that Emery is happy for him to leave?