January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

De Paul would be an awesome signing, was amazing at Udinese who again like in Deulofeu thread are as average as you will get in terms of football. Hasnt really had same impact at Atletico but they play a negative style

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

if true for 105m, they would have spent 400m this season (summer/Jan).

My lord, has anyone ever spent 400m+ in a single seasons windows before?

And have nothing to show for it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alexvilla4 said:

I would really like us to go for Joao Pedro in Jan. Young and Brazilian with lots of pace, dribbling ability, strong link up play and great work ethic. 

Also lots to improve on so a very coachable player and can play in various attacking formations which would suit us under Emery. 

I think he would be happy being a rotation player for the time being and I also love the idea of building up our contingent of South American players

For £25-30m would be a great signing I believe

*Checks the calendar.

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

you know what, he looks really excited to have Fernandez, Jorginho, Zakaria, Kovacic, Gallagher, Mount & RLC ahead of him for those midfield spots.....

😁

Dont forget they just signed Andrey Santos and the highly rated Cesare Casadei and Omari Hutchinson

• Shocked 1

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Please stick to transfer speculation, not speculation on twitterers.

We also have a thread in Other Football for other teams transfers and transfer links.

Thank you

Thank god! Nothing annoys me more than seeing other teams transfer links posted in here. To other football with ya! 

36 minutes ago, maqroll said:

How would we line up with RDP in the side?

FWIW I don't think we'll get RDP but in the interest of transfer window fun.

After seeing his more dogged WC performances shutting down the wing behind Messi I think he'd be a big technical upgrade on McGinn. I have enjoyed McGinns uptick in performances under UE and think its important for us to have a hustle and bustle wide midfielder in our system but RDP could replicate the same role but with far better ability on the ball.

Say we also do manage to get Deulofeu (which the rumours feel stronger for) and employ him as second striker as he's has done in Udinese

image.png.a071dca7d1d4b958e5d85450cd9b857c.png

Would leave us with something like this which feels like good quality throughout multiple positions as well as a few more pieces for Emery's puzzle. Would only leave another ball playing CB and fullback successors as positions I'd want to add in summer.

• Like 1

On 29/12/2022 at 12:38, OutByEaster? said:

I'm guessing as an Everton fan you've not paid much attention to Luiz over the last six to twelve months - he's been our best player this season and is doing a fantastic job for the club.

I could understand if you're suggesting that we might struggle if a giant like Real or Barca or similar came in with a massive offer, but you seem to be suggesting that we will be looking to get rid of him as a weak link - right now, to get a player better than Luiz would cost us an amount of money that's probably outside of the ranges we're looking at - if we were selling him, I'd want £60-80m.

His partnership with Kamara is the strongest part of the team right now and that pairing is good enough to take us a long way, it matches up against the best in the league - they got the best of the middle of the park against Liverpool's three and I'd give them a fighting chance against any pair in this division. I wouldn't swap Luiz with Tielemans or Thiago - to actually improve on him you'd need to be looking at a player that quite simply, we couldn't get.

Have another look and get some doubt, you've missed something.

It’s and Everton fan?! There’s always a degree of smugness about the poster I was think they supported Newcastle or someone higher up the table not a relegation candidate. I can’t think of anyone in that Everton side that would get into our starting 11 bar Onana.

Edited by gwi1890

5 hours ago, useless said:

I'm not saying we shouldn't sign him but he is 29 in 5 months and his numbers have dropped off a cliff since signing for Atletico.

I wouldn't sign him for a large fee with large wages unless my data guys were 100% sure on him.

8 hours ago, MaVilla said:

if true for 105m, they would have spent 400m this season (summer/Jan).

My lord, has anyone ever spent 400m+ in a single seasons windows before?

How the hell have they not breached ffp???

Surely they broken it if thats what they spent? It makes no sense