January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

17 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Better and more established scouting than ours probably. We’ve been recruiting and developing the analytics and scouting system ever since we’ve come back to the Premier League. 

be good if we could uncover a few uncut gems, we seem to be doing it well at youth level

40 minutes ago, Lupinthe5th said:

How about we sign Viktor Gyökeres from Coventry (Another one Brighton scouting staff got right!)

Thought about him the other day. I like him a lot. Depends on the money. He's not a £20m+ player I don't think.

Aston Villa, Fulham and Brentford have all submitted offers for Colombia attacker Jhon Duran, according to reports emerging from Italy.

Duran is an exciting young striker who plays for Chicago Fire in MLS. He has been in decent form this season, netting eight goals in 27 league games, while also chipping in with five assists.

Duran appears to be too good for MLS and has been tipped to move to Europe on a few occasions. Back in October, reports claimed Manchester United and Liverpool to be in a tussle for his signature.

https://www.teamtalk.com/aston-villa/jhon-duran-aston-villa-launch-bid-fulham-brentford-leading-suitor-named

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

Aston Villa, Fulham and Brentford have all submitted offers for Colombia attacker Jhon Duran, according to reports emerging from Italy.

Duran is an exciting young striker who plays for Chicago Fire in MLS. He has been in decent form this season, netting eight goals in 27 league games, while also chipping in with five assists.

Duran appears to be too good for MLS and has been tipped to move to Europe on a few occasions. Back in October, reports claimed Manchester United and Liverpool to be in a tussle for his signature.

Finally! A striker who is hungry like the wolf for goals! 

• Haha 1

We can finish 9th or 10th with what we presently have in the squad.

To have a serious go at 7th or even higher in coming seasons we simply need more quality and assurance in key positions rather than the random inconsistency we get during games now.

Might aswell get cracking on with it next month.

This team needs a minimum of two 1st team players that are in the 50-70m mark, next level stuff. This would then elevate our 20-30m players. At the moment we’ve got too many ‘same level’ players. 

It’s small margin stuff but I think the right two players would transform us. 

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Bailey as well based on today's game

He wasted so much in final third but at least he's involved in the games now compared to six months.

Just noticed Pablo Fornals is on the bench again for West Ham.

I actually think someone like him would improve us in final third as he's generally more consistent than Buendia. Only 26 and tends to chip in with 6-7 a season so in terms of 20-25m mid range signings I don't think he'd be a bad shout as he'd do well in Emery's system.

• Like 1

I don't think our squad is half as bad as some make out.

I've been one of his biggest supporters but today it was Dougie was letting us down, he kept putting us under pressure.

I think one or two better players than what we have currently will be a major boost. 

Better players make others around them better too...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, burchy said:

This team needs a minimum of two 1st team players that are in the 50-70m mark, next level stuff. This would then elevate our 20-30m players. At the moment we’ve got too many ‘same level’ players. 

It’s small margin stuff but I think the right two players would transform us. 

I can get on board with the idea that 50-70m represents the standard of quality, but I don't think we need to spend that (at least not in a transfer fee...maybe the wages)

I look at Kamara, who was free, and think a couple of players at his levels does the job for us.