January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

The way we do our business - clandestine,  we will no doubt ever know if we went for Jhon Duran say if we never signed him… It’s all too easy to criticise & moan why we didn’t sign player XYZ afterwards based on nothing but personal opinion.

We are a closed book ruled by NDA’s s when it comes to transfers, so you can never know who we move bid for until the last minute/done. 

Edited by thabucks

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

The way we do our business - clandestine,  we will no doubt ever know if we went for Jhon Duran say if we never signed him… It’s all too easy to criticise & moan why we didn’t sign player XYZ afterwards based on nothing but personal opinion.

We are a closed book ruled by NDA’s s when it comes to transfers, so you can never know who we move bid for until the last minute/done. 

What albums this on?

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, messi11 said:

I have a new player we should before Brighton or Chelsea nab him.
Jhon Duran - Columbian Wonderkid who plays for the mighty Chicago Fire. Just 19 years old. 
Go on Lange pull the deal off

I noticed he's picked up an abnormally large amount of yellow cards throughout his career. Already two red cards to his name and he's only 19.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

11 hours ago, duke313 said:

The perfect player for us

I'm a bit concerned as to why he's barely played this entire year though. Played only 3 games for Boca Juniors this year then after his move for Antwerp, only played another 2 games. 

Edited by Laughable Chimp

23 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Barring cash kamara and martinez who else could we likely sell for profit that we brought? You could probably add luiz too

Martinez, Cash, McGinn, Luiz, Kamara, would all be a profit.

Some would be around the same value at least (Mings, Konsa)

Questionable on Digne, Ings and Emi B I guess, but could see Emi improving, Ings still being worth it to a team who need a striker. Digne hasnt looked great recently.

The above + Ramsey was our starting 11 for the last game. 

19 minutes ago, Vancvillan said:

Questionable on Digne, Ings and Emi B I guess, but could see Emi improving, Ings still being worth it to a team who need a striker. Digne hasnt looked great recently.

There is pretty much no chance of us ever selling Digne or Ings for what we purchased them for. Even finding a buyer would be difficult as only the top clubs would be willing to pay them the wages they are currently on.

28 minutes ago, Vancvillan said:

Mings and Konsa are deffo worth more now than what we paid too.

14 hours ago, Zatman said:

We had a 25 million bid for Sarr accepted in the summer

I didnt think the fee was dislosed? But im sure there must have been add ons to take it significantly more. Why would they sell at a loss of id they paid 30m?

1 hour ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I'm a bit concerned as to why he's barely played this entire year though. Played only 3 games for Boca Juniors this year then after his move for Antwerp, only played another 2 games. 

Think he is playing more for the B team in Belgium. They are playing another 21 year old most weeks at centre back

40 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I didnt think the fee was dislosed? But im sure there must have been add ons to take it significantly more. Why would they sell at a loss of id they paid 30m?

Relegated so needed cash and he probably wanted to leave.  Villa pulled the pin on it, not sure what happened but was speculation that maybe he wanted more money when wages had already been agreed.  Stay clear if case

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Because he’s not that highly rated anymore. This isn’t the same Ismaila Sarr from 3 years ago where he originally got his hype.Watford fans were snapping our hands of for that fee. 

6 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Relegated so needed cash and he probably wanted to leave.  Villa pulled the pin on it, not sure what happened but was speculation that maybe he wanted more money when wages had already been agreed.  Stay clear if case

Gerrard pulled the plug on the deal with his allergy to wingers

6 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Carney cashwuemeka must be gutted. Why are playing signing for Chelsea when they're so stacked? Seems like a stupid move if you're a young player 

That's his problem now

16 hours ago, messi11 said:

I have a new player we should before Brighton or Chelsea nab him.
Jhon Duran - Columbian Wonderkid who plays for the mighty Chicago Fire. Just 19 years old. 
Go on Lange pull the deal off

Thanks @messi11but I haven't got time to watch the video just yet.

So don't say a player for me now, save it 'til the morning after.

• Haha 1