Italy v England/England v Germany

andykeenan

4 minutes ago, penguin said:

Grealish, Foden, Bellingham, Sancho, Kane Et al. We have the ingredients to be one of the most dynamic exciting sides in the world yet are completely wasting it under this fraud and some people still can't see it and defend him. I used to watch every England game but don't think I've watched one since the final, this clown has broken me.

I haven't watched England since the Euros. I don't give a toss if we got to penalties in the final, it's shit.

On paper he's the best manager we've had in decades. Turns out that paper isn't that relevant.

• Like 1

Messy, disjointed and confused - no win in five, no goal in three.

A team that featured a right winger at left wing back and a right back at sweeper, seemingly just to make sure Maguire was always covered. 

He needs to go back to basics - find some round pegs and put them in round holes.

He looks like a manager all tied up in himself.

• Like 2

Just now, Lichfield Dean said:

Thing is, we're not really any different now to the last two tournaments. Our luck has just run out. We were always this rubbish under Southgate, and now we've reverted to the mean.

100%. But he was above criticism for years. Don't know what people were watching.

• Like 2

I avoided all the games before the summer so I don't think I fully appreciated how bad it had got. Probably should have sacked him in the summer I suppose, this certainly has an air of absolute doom about it. We'll struggle to get out of the group and we'll go no further than that if we manage it. 

Still, at least playing in the B tier or whatever it is we should have some Nations League games where we can score the odd goal or two in the future. 

Southgate has instilled fear into this squad. The players are like rabbits in the headlight trying to execute whatever sorry system he's cooked up instead of expressing themselves and playing to their strengths. Its not working and he's too stubborn and self satisfied to change. Just go.

Edited by birdman

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I avoided all the games before the summer so I don't think I fully appreciated how bad it had got. Probably should have sacked him in the summer I suppose, this certainly has an air of absolute doom about it. We'll struggle to get out of the group and we'll go no further than that if we manage it. 

Still, at least playing in the B tier or whatever it is we should have some Nations League games where we can score the odd goal or two in the future. 

I remember you were one of the few giving him the benefit of the doubt due to the tournament finishes too, he’s losing even the most positive.

Â