Italy v England/England v Germany

andykeenan

9 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Really are some gems coming out tonight. He actually said this on the CH4 coverage and it's not twisted or misquoted.

I like Declan Rice he seems like a decent lad and he certainly is a good player but that’s a very silly quote. The is zero evidence to suggest England will be good under Southgate of the back of no goals from 5 games and hardly a shot either 

24 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

He would just answer that with his usual psycho babble bullshit. I can't stand to hear him anymore, the way he talks like some psychologist, trying to twist words like they actually mean something.

As for him being a nice guy, probably is, not someone you would hang about with though, he obviously thinks he's too smart. I don't think he understands himself sometimes, talking just to impress the fat cats at the FA.

• Like 1

England didn't do much to deserve anything from the game but the Italians demonstrated their love of the dark arts, and the referee was obviously not going to do much about it. 

Kane and Bellingham were badly taken out and Grealish was fouled four or five times in the twenty-odd minutes he was on, but the referee gave them free rein.

Although I was hoping that England would hand out some GBH themselves, I was disappointed Jack got a booking for moaning at the ref.

There was no questioning the quality of Italy's goal though.

Expect another lesson in football off the Germans on Monday.

4 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

England didn't do much to deserve anything from the game but the Italians demonstrated their love of the dark arts, and the referee was obviously not going to do much about it. 

Kane and Bellingham were badly taken out and Grealish was fouled four or five times in the twenty-odd minutes he was on, but the referee gave them free rein.

Although I was hoping that England would hand out some GBH themselves, I was disappointed Jack got a booking for moaning at the ref.

England are usually fantastic at winning FK's and penalties. Kane & Sterling are world class at diving and finding contact. Grealish not bad either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Ze germans lost at home to Hungary last night... Said many times they do not give a shit about the NL, they don't care they go through the motions, played a strong line up last night and had a lot of possession that they did nothing with 

Their record is now played 15 won 3, lost 4, drawn 8 so if I was a betting man I'd be looking at the draw but if England lose again Monday night and someone wheels out the Germany are a good team excuse it doesn't wash, I'd also bet on the game being **** terrible 

15 minutes ago, Genie said:

SkySports having a little dig

B551-D192-584-F-4861-A7-B6-D642-F434-A66

I said from the start of his tenure, the media had been told to back off Southgate, as previous managers got some right abuse. This has been happening from day 1 , but the media are finding it hard to hold back now due to the poor football and strange team selections, leaving Toney out etc. Soon they will just say it for what it is, terrible!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Genie said:

He must he the most boring man on the planet in his private life. Absolutely terrified to let the brakes off.

I just noticed he brought Shaw on after we went behind last night, what was that all about? 

The right winger that he was playing at left back came off

We were losing that game, I think already relegated and he didn't play Tammy, tomori, ward prowse, Toney, Chilwell, bowen or look at TAA at rwb

Basically apart from Bellingham as CM which was forced on him because of phillips not only did we lose last night it meant absolutely **** all in terms of WC preparation 

• Thanks 1

It is 20 years since England exited the 2002 World Cup finals.

Southgate panned Sven-Goran Eriksson by saying that the team "needed a speech from Churchill and we got Iain Duncan Smith".

I hope he's up to doing a Churchill now it's his turn.

Edited by MakemineVanilla

17 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

It is 20 years since England exited the 2002 World Cup finals.

Southgate panned Sven-Goran Eriksson by saying that the team "needed a speech from Churchill and we got Iain Duncan Smith".

I hope he's up to doing a Churchill now it's his turn.

Bring back Sven.

350FA0B7-B9D5-4D16-8ACD-BE974397EF93.jpeg

45 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Had a quick look back at yesterday’s team and it’s clear as day why it didn’t work, England weren’t tall enough. Sterling, Saka, Foden, all puny. No stature.

Is that you Steven? 😉

Â