A.Young                                  Digne

Kamara

McGinn                 Ramsey

Bailey                    Coutinho

Watkins

Edited by wedge
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

Have no idea about the validity of the rumour, but you do realise that every game is filmed and broadcast live for the international audience? - not just what the UK market gets on Sky or BT.

I do realise this, yes. Not sure what difference it makes though. As it happens, the guy who told me this tells me that the situation should be OK now. He works for a company who hire broadcast staff and equipment to independent and foreign broadcasters and occasionally Sky and ITV when they're at capacity.

1 hour ago, wedge said:

Would love to see this:

Martinez

Chambers  Mings

A.Young                                        Digne

Luiz       Kamara

Bailey             Buendia          Coutinho

Watkins

But imagine it will be more like this:

Martinez

Konsa    Mings

Kamara

Watkins

Like your team but imagine you’re spot on with what Gerrard will pick unfortunately. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wedge said:

Would love to see this:

Martinez

Chambers  Mings

Luiz       Kamara

Watkins

But imagine it will be more like this:

Martinez

Konsa    Mings

Kamara

Watkins

If he does the Kamara/McGinn/Ramsey thing again, he's finished. I don't think he will. It'll likely be Kamara, Luiz and McGinn. If he's truly learned from Man City it will be Ramsey instead of McGinn in there.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dillon66 said:

I do realise this, yes. Not sure what difference it makes though. As it happens, the guy who told me this tells me that the situation should be OK now. He works for a company who hire broadcast staff and equipment to independent and foreign broadcasters and occasionally Sky and ITV when they're at capacity.

The difference is makes is you were saying if Sky can't manage to cover our game, and then another game 3 days later, they were in the wrong business. The reality is, it's a game on Friday, then all the Saturday games and all the Sunday games that are covered to the same level - not just 2 games over a weekend.

15 hours ago, wedge said:

Would love to see this:

Martinez

Chambers  Mings

Luiz       Kamara

Watkins

This lineup would make my day and give me hope for what's to come of this season, purely because I think it would give us a fighting chance against most teams in this division, and that's even if the tactics we are meant to play are a shambles.

One of the very few positive aspects of poor tactics and approach to a game is that from the moment they go wrong, it's likely that the team playing them won't have a foot in the game and the contest becomes one whereby the players need to start using some of their nous and creativity to make it happen, or else they get swept away.

That lineup you've put up has a good balance about it, even if we are to play as Gerrard has to date, and I feel will give the players a good chance of displaying their abilities.

I'm in a box tomorrow as a guest of a leading games publisher that brings a very popular sports game out at this time of year - every year :) . At least if we lose and it gets toxic the glass might drown out some of the abuse. Mind you, I guess I'll have to sneak up into the stand to vent my spleen if I feel that it is needed to aid the cause! Hopefully, that wont be needed and we put in a good performance and get a much needed 3 points. 

• Like 2

On 13/09/2022 at 20:30, AVTuco said:

VT is not about being a Villa fan. It's about constantly and neverendingly pointing out everything that's wrong in the manager, players, owners and the tea lady. If you want to be a fan and enjoy, this is not your place. 

I’ve never seen a bad word said about the tea lady.

• Haha 1

Would like to see the below tomorrow:

Martinez

Guilbert  Konsa  Mings  Digne

Luiz       Kamara

McGinn

Bailey         Watkins       Ramsey

Ashley Young was brilliant against City but he's not an energetic player who can get forward for 90 minutes, we should be doing that in this game. Guilbert is in the squad now and should be given a chance to prove himself with Cash out.

Konsa/Chambers is up for debate, but Konsa did well last week.

Ramsey is another did well last week and should retain his place, he looks so much better in an advanced midfield role and can play wider when required.