Pre match thread

VillaChris

5 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Steer is out still with his achilles

Completely forgot we loaned him out to Luton, yeah he got injured v Chelsea I think in the cup and that was Feb.

One of Emi/Olsen will play even if not 100%.

Ollie illness perhaps gives chance to start Ings which I wouldn't be against regardless.

Edited by VillaChris

15 hours ago, DJBOB said:

No keepers. Random illness. Haven't played in a fortnight.

I'm sure this will go well!

I'm sure we've been training hard during that time tbf. Gerrards probably had them running up and down the stands at Villa Park and doing calisthenics and whatever else real men in the 1960s did.

As for the injuries even if out first choice keeper and striker is out we should win anything less is unacceptable.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I'm sure we've been training hard during that time tbf. Gerrards probably had them running up and down the stands at Villa Park and doing calisthenics and whatever else real men in the 1960s did.

As for the injuries even if out first choice keeper and striker is out we should win anything less is unacceptable.

What if first second and third choice keeper out?

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Play the other international goalkeeper on 40k a week. That's why we bought him and why our wage bill is through the roof. So excuses like this crap don't exist 

Who??

Olsen and Steer are both injured. Kalinic is no longer with Villa.

I’ve been up the loft and dusted off the gloves!  I’m 47 now but reckon I’m in better shape than Neville was at the end of his career:

C36B7ECD-5D4B-484A-85A2-024D071DAAFF.webp.7b14cacbbac978884784575cd0d77f86.webp

I’ll play for free as long as Gerrard treats me to a Naan Kebab on the way home!

• Haha 1

Friday evening under the lights, there’s not many better sights in football. The atmosphere will be a strange one initially I reckon, perhaps sombre? However, I hope once kick off begins we really get behind the team, make it loud, and try to get a convincing win.

It would be understandable if we make very few changes from the team that did so well against Man City last time out, but surely we should be on the front foot for this one? I’d love to see Dendoncker gets minutes but these will come from the bench I think. McGinn will no doubt start again but he’s on very thin ice and we have the quality now to replace him soon enough if his form doesn’t drastically improve.

So Coutinho or Ramsey on the left is the only decision I think Gerrard needs to make for this one. Personally, I think he’ll start Coutinho based on the fact we’re playing a team where we should have more of the ball and be able to create more.

Martinez

Young            Konsa        Mings            Digne

Kamara

Luiz                   McGinn

Bailey                                        Coutinho/Ramsey

Watkins

Subs: Olsen, Guilbert, Augustinsson, Chambers, Dendoncker, Ramsey, Buendia, Ings, Archer.

I think we’ll win and reasonably comfortably, so I’m saying 3-0, and our first clean sheet of the season. If we do put in a dire performance again and lose/draw, then I can’t see how Gerrard will ever get us playing at a consistent level. We need a win and a performance to go with it. Massive evening (again).

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 1