Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Who would have predicted or expected that we would be 7 points behind Fulham and 18 behind Newcastle on New Years Day

i mean......this is Villa we are talking about.....am i actually surprised?

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Who would have predicted or expected that we would be 7 points behind Fulham and 18 behind Newcastle on New Years Day

fixtures are turning for us after Spurs. We have easier ones, the others all have tougher games. We will finish above Fulham and Brentford. So YOU shouldn't worry too much about the table at this stage. Happy new year x

• Like 1

It's only 5 points but we need to make sure that gap to the top 10 doesn't keep growing. 

I can't believe how hard it is for this club just to finish in the top half. Forget Europe, all I ask for at the start of every season is just top 10 and we make that impossible. 

• Like 1

Brighton, Man Utd, Liverpool and Spurs and we're probably a little unlucky to just come away with just 9 points.  Can't wait for Emery to get in a couple of more players - this could be a very good second half of the season....

• Like 1

On 28/10/2022 at 20:11, tomsky_11 said:

Who do we play and what points would we potentially need to finish with between 53 and 60?

Pre winter break - new MNU bha - 4 to 5 points - At least one win from these feels doable, with Brighton perhaps most likely. At least one or two points from the other games seems feasible if we play as well as we did on Sunday.

Post winter break - LIV tot WOL LEE sou LEI mnc ARS - 12 to 15 points - 4 games we should be looking to win, bookended either side by 4 of the 'top 6'. We'll need to be consistently good against the weaker sides and then hopefully pick up the odd point against the stronger sides.

11 points from next 6 games to stay on course for 60 point season.

This is massively doable. There aren’t any contenders for 7th who look much better than us at the moment. Won’t be upset if we finish 8/9/10 given the awful start to the season, but we can definitely squeeze it this season if we don’t have too many injuries.