Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Chelsea will come again as well.

Probably they will. Probably. But there is a part of me that wonders… for all they have spent, they have so many poor players. The owners are unproven in football and seem to make a lot of bad decisions. They don’t have Champions League and have a smaller stadium than us they are desperate to escape. They could be set for some tough times if Pochettino doesn’t hit the ground running.

As I said before, Conference League is the best for us. We still haven’t made it but it would be fantastic. The only thing that let me not want a Brighton win tonight isn’t us to catch them. But them to rest players against City, then play at their best against us. But again, I don’t think their manager would risk a big result by playing fringe players against City. He would also give chances to some kids I guess, especially with some of his main players willing to leave. 
What makes preferring them to win aswell is that it would give Spurs and Brentford hopes to be less which would affect their games. If Brighton draw (or lose for the Brentford case), than a win for Brentford would take them to Europe (assuming Spurs doesn’t win). While Spurs winning takes them to Europe (while a draw for us takes them to Europa League). So a Brighton win would be perfect in that aspect aswell. If they played anyone apart City I’d have them drawing with a risk of them not winning, but for now I guess I would cheer for Brighton tonight. Just made up my mind. 😂 

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I hope West Ham lose, and we become the first English team to win the conference league. Also do that they don't add to their paltry tally of three (3) major trophies in their whole history.

Let’s see if we make it first, can’t bother to think before that to be honest.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, calcifer said:

Anyone got the sky sports app?

Subject race for Europe.... no mention of us, even though we are 7th in the table they say currently spurzz are in the europa conference...

Screenshot_20230521_065240_SkySports.jpg.70d73d460f653f69201fb3c2aaf27a3e.jpg

Screenshot_20230521_065248_SkySports.thumb.jpg.3d6f1ecff60a6dc0351b20c4bae16652.jpg

They really hate us 🤣🤣

I saw this 😂 all the more galling is that they updated the article after the game but seemingly forgot about little old Villa.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, calcifer said:

Anyone got the sky sports app?

Subject race for Europe.... no mention of us, even though we are 7th in the table they say currently spurzz are in the europa conference...

Screenshot_20230521_065240_SkySports.jpg.70d73d460f653f69201fb3c2aaf27a3e.jpg

Screenshot_20230521_065248_SkySports.thumb.jpg.3d6f1ecff60a6dc0351b20c4bae16652.jpg

They really hate us 🤣🤣

Mental 😂

8 hours ago, maqroll said:

Well, Emery is clearly enthusiastic about any route in to Europe, so I'm officially on the bandwagon. We can perish the thought of MON in Moscow once and for all and go win the damn thing.

Tbh, he looked as if he was about to cry from sadness in his post match interview. We'd given ourselves all the chances in the world to get the Europa League until that equaliser.

Guys, all this talk of nights out in Europe and winning the trophy is a bit premature.

Let's just focus on supporting the lads next week and beating Brighton, that's all we can do, let's qualify for Europe first.....

• Like 1