Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

Checked in when it was 1-0 and almost gave up. Can't believe a result finally went our way

Not sure we'll have enough today, one thing is for sure, it's going to the final game, and next Sunday no matter what happens I'm getting **** smashed :D 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DeadlyDirk said:

I'm sure this has already been answered, but if West Ham win the Euro conf does that mean that only top 6 get Europe or do we get an extra space?

Extra space, I believe, they get a bonus one as winners, doesn't take one of the country's.

• Like 1

I'm sort of lost. I thought our chances were better of 6th. We need Brighton to draw or lose to Southampton and we need to beat Liverpool to have any chance. Is that about right?

6 minutes ago, YLN said:

I'm sort of lost. I thought our chances were better of 6th. We need Brighton to draw or lose to Southampton and we need to beat Liverpool to have any chance. Is that about right?

I don't this is right. Brighton beat Southampton to go to 61 points. Villa beat Liverpool and get 60 points. Then Brighton lose to City and then it's all down to the last day.

If Villa draw with Liverpool, then Villa get 58 points, Brighton beat Southampton and then lose to city and have 61 going into the last day. Which would be insurmountable.

Draw for Brighton tomorrow would get them to 59, and villa can even lose to Liverpool today and it'll go to the last day.

So if Villa don't beat Liverpool today Brighton need to not beat Southampton tomorrow.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, YLN said:

I don't this is right. Brighton beat Southampton to go to 61 points. Villa beat Liverpool and get 60 points. Then Brighton lose to City and then it's all down to the last day.

If Villa draw with Liverpool, then Villa get 58 points, Brighton beat Southampton and then lose to city and have 61 going into the last day. Which would be insurmountable.

Draw for Brighton tomorrow would get them to 59, and villa can even lose to Liverpool today and it'll go to the last day.

So if Villa don't beat Liverpool today Brighton need to not beat Southampton tomorrow.

Assuming Brighton lose to city yes.

Regardless of that, we need one point fewer today than Brighton get in their next two.

Whatever happens now it's going to be agonisingly close. A couple matches ago I was worried we'd drop away from things and end up finishing the season with nothing to play for but, with three halves of football left, we could still finish anywhere from 6th to 9th. Already an incredible achievement by Unai and the whole team.

If we beat Liverpool I think we'll blow Brighton away last day.

I can definitely see them taking points v a rotated city already though.

8th is a brilliant season. 6th or 7th is a joke from where we've been, absolute joke.

1 hour ago, DeadlyDirk said:

I'm sure this has already been answered, but if West Ham win the Euro conf does that mean that only top 6 get Europe or do we get an extra space?

The Premier League gets an extra spot. Top 4 for the Big Cup, 5th, 6th & West Ham for Europa League and 7th for Europa Conference.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

If we beat Liverpool I think we'll blow Brighton away last day.

I can definitely see them taking points v a rotated city already though.

8th is a brilliant season. 6th or 7th is a joke from where we've been, absolute joke.

I read that as blow it for a second 😀 classic Villa optimism