Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

17 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Our race to Europe might be slowing down to an ambling jog.

At least the media will be happy, they just can't stand us. Been worse since we sacked their best mate... 

51 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Our race to Europe might be slowing down to an ambling jog.

4 Points from Wolves-Spurs will put that right.

We do need some of the injured players back though, hopefully that Friday fitness update is accurate and they're all involved for Wolves.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Doesn't change much at all - I thought we showed enough to suggest we can beat the Wolves and then we'll need to see how others do.

Big games to come - we're definitely still in this.

Still in it but it just became MUCH harder. I think we have been pretty crap the past couple of games.

Looking increasingly unlikely although I don't think today changes much.

If we don't get Europe though, I don't blame Emery one bit. We were left in a big hole by one of the worst Premier League managers in history and in the end it was probably just too much ground to make up.

Just now, Pinebro said:

Over.

We're gonna finish 8th

I think we probably will too. It's not over though, plenty to play for and some 6 pointers in there.

It's going to take something special, but if anyone can do it, Emery can.

Todays result hasn’t changed much, I wrote off this game and Anfield beforehand any points today would have been a bonus. Spurs is the big game but can’t afford a loss at Wolves next week. 

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

And people thought we  were getting champions league 😂

Wild comment tbh, let’s all be negative fans with zero optimism. I never thought champions league was possible, but that wouldn’t be my reaction to us losing today.  

Just now, IrishVilla10 said:

Wild comment tbh, let’s all be negative fans with zero optimism. I never thought champions league was possible, but that wouldn’t be my reaction to us losing today.  

Not negative realistic it was nevee happening this year

Europa or conference is the more realistic goal