Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

42 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

2 more wins and a draw and Europe will be ours imo. 

Amazing how many games this "europe chasing" bunch have to play against each other.

4 of our last 5 games is against the teams immediately around us, and the other game is Wolves.

green is games to be played.

Untitled.png.76f48606f11c0791214e5a4d620c1bf4.png

• Thanks 3

Wasn't pretty but we're 5th.

Now there's pressure on Liverpool and especially Brighton to keep up.

If Brighton don't beat Forest then they need to win one of their harder spare games and/or beat us on the final day so a bit of pressure tomorrow and will be interesting how they react after the SF loss.

Think West Ham can hold Liverpool aswell with their forwards in form but Liverpool's game in hand is home to Fulham so on tonight's evidence they'll cruise to a 2 or 3 nil win there.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Amazing how many games this "europe chasing" bunch have to play against each other.

4 of our last 5 games is against the teams immediately around us, and the other game is Wolves.

green is games to be played.

Untitled.png.76f48606f11c0791214e5a4d620c1bf4.png

Beating Spurs and Brighton is a must. Another win on top of that would be lovely. I think another 7 points could be enough if we win the six pointers against those two in particular. 

29 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

We can't beat Man U and Wolves and get to 10 or 11 points without a 3rd win. Only max 15 pts available from 5 games left. 11 would be 3 wins 2 draws from 5

I know. I meant including six points from Man United and wolves. It would still mean two of our rivals have taken points off us. 

1 minute ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

I know. I meant including six points from Man United and wolves. It would still mean two of our rivals have taken points off us. 

If we share points with rivals and get 10-11 from maximum 15 available we will finish in Europe 

People are working out permitations and yes it will be excellent if Brighton don’t win against Forrest but really it’s all one game at a time until the last three games.

There is way too many variables, i said I think we will need 12 more points before today and that hasn’t changed in my mind, I still think we have to beat wolves and then win the right two matches out of the other 4.

I say the right two matches as we don’t know what other teams results will be

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

If we share points with rivals and get 10-11 from maximum 15 available we will finish in Europe 

10 would be a great return. There’s also a certain comfort in knowing our rivals have all these extra games to play, some against each other. Brighton have to play all of the top four. 

I think Wolves will be our toughest game in this run in...  They're starting to click right now and will absolutely be up for it when we come to visit.  I'd be over the moon with a point at Old Trafford and a point at Molineux.  

18 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I think Wolves will be our toughest game in this run in...  They're starting to click right now and will absolutely be up for it when we come to visit.  I'd be over the moon with a point at Old Trafford and a point at Molineux.  

Na. For me, Liverpool is the tough one imo.

I think we beat United.

Playing at Old Trafford will play right into our hands, they will have to come at us and that's when were at our best.

We also nearly done them over in the cup with Lolsen in nets and we have vastly improved since then.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I think we beat United.

Playing at Old Trafford will play right into our hands, they will have to come at us and that's when were at our best.

We also nearly done them over in the cup with Lolsen in nets and we have vastly improved since then.

They've got loads of injuries aswell, Fernandes out will be a massive boost for us.

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

I'd take a loss at Wolves to beat Man United. We'd be a point better off for one, and a first double over them since 1930.

Wolves aren't a rival. Not as far as I'm concerned anyway.

• Like 2

No easy matches going forward. United away is very difficult. Only lost two all season I think? And ETH has them playing decently now. 

Wolves away is going to make me sick. 

Spurs at home with a new manager bounce?

Liverpool away will be incredibly tough and a team we don’t match up well against. 

And of course Brighton home to decide Europe. 

Getting an ulcer just thinking about it. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They've got loads of injuries aswell, Fernandes out will be a massive boost for us.

People think he's injured because pic in moon boot at home. This can just be precaution. You see league players in moon boot after a game then they're training couple days later