Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

6 minutes ago, SecretVillaScout said:

If we get 2 quality players in then yeah no reason why we cant challenge for top 4

With a bit of luck and set of results we could challenge for top 4 in two weeks time. 

4 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

With a bit of luck and set of results we could challenge for top 4 in two weeks time. 

Don’t you know luck is the only reason we’re up in 6th, it’s not sustainable apparently.

• Like 1

A draw between Spurs and Newcastle would be the best. We won’t get a betting GD than Newcastle, so 3 or 4 points will be similar at this stage. While Spurs don’t get further. We need to beat Brentford though. we could do with Spurs drawing their next 3. If Nottingham win against Utd then they will be in sight as well.

9 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Shows what a **** gigantic **** ass clown Gerrard really was.

Yes. And bolloxed our goal diff to make it extra tough. 

This run is like our championship one on steroids. It's completely unreal that we are in the mix at all, however unlikely (3% chance according to 538). To have had a season where there's been an active relegation thread and this thread... Incredible. 

• Like 1

Brighton is the team that bothers me the most. They just have a habit of finding that important goal and their run-in is less challenging than ours. I would hate to be in a 4th place playoff with them in the final game.

• Like 1

15 days ago we played Chelsea & were behind them in the league, were now 11 pts ahead of them, it's absolutely bonkers so anything is possible, but I do think now the Europa league is definitely on & not just the conference league. Hopefully some of our injured players will start filtering back next week to give us that push till end of season.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

So realistically we need to finish 6th, but 7th will be ok if Man City/United win the FA Cup? Or if Brighton win it and finish 5th?

8th = no

Yep, as long as a team 5th or above wins it

3 hours ago, AshVilla said:

image.png

"Where have my billions gone"

🤣

Who win in a game of “spunking money up the wall top trumps” between this guy and Elon Musk? 😂