Pre Match thread

ender4

Looking on their forum they really can't see anything other than a Villa win, they want Rogers out, the players have downed tools and basically they sound more depressed than us!

This is Villa though, and if there's one team you want to face....

Usually I would consider a point at Leicester a decent result and to be honest I would probably take it now as long as we took 7/9 points from our following 3 (Soton, Leeds & Forest).

I see some are looking at the league table and seeing Leicester rock bottom automatically think we should win 0-4! But it doesn't happen like that. And offensively they have some real dangerous players (Maddison, Barnes, Vardy, Iheanacho...).

But, defensively they are shipping in goals, Schmeichel is a huge loss, they can definitely be got at. I'm hoping Watkins can build on his last performance, it can make such a difference when he can get hold of the ball more and bring others in, he should be licking his lips for Saturday.

I think it will be a high scoring game (so get on 0-0 😅).

I hope we play the same starting eleven as Saturday but Young in for Cash whether the latter is fit or not. Dendoncker on the bench - and if McGinn isn't at it, get the new man on. Obviously Buendia, Coutinho & Ings give us plenty of options if required. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Looking on their forum they really can't see anything other than a Villa win, they want Rogers out, the players have downed tools and basically they sound more depressed than us!

Oof, you were not kidding!

2 forums here. Both spitting venom and utterly resigned. Second forum not quite as toxic as the first.

Foxes talk pre-Villa thread

If Rodgers is still in charge I don’t think I’m going to bother.

Another week of walking through gloating away fans on the way out. No thanks! 

First time I’m going to say this, but I can’t get behind this fraud any longer… it is too depressing got to think about my health 

Talking Balls pre-Villa thread

As was stated before the Brighton match, it's a weird feeling wanting us to lose so that the Rodgers' reign ends.
A draw or a win and it feels like we're dragging on the inevitable in a Zombie-like fashion as we plough towards the Championship.

I am absolutely bewildered that Rodgers will be leading the team at this match.

• Like 1

Really pivotal match. Leicester still have a dangerous team and if the weak Villa turn up I can see us losing, crisis at Leicester or not, we need to be on it and prove we can stay focused and get up for a 3pm away from home, not just play with pride when the Champions rock up at Villa Park for a late kick off.

Hopefully Ward is still in goal for them but cant see how Rodgers wont give that Iverson a go. We need to be solid, and let the pressure all be on the homeside, let their fans negativity do the work for us. Keeping a first clean sheet would be nice, think we might just do it.

Id go

Martinez (capitano)

Young

Konsa

Mings

Digne

Kamara

Luiz

Dendoncker

Ramsey

Bailey

Watkins

0-1 (Mings)

Two clubs in pretty deep shit compared to what they are supposed to be aiming for. 

Be a very interesting team sheet after the pragmatism comments. Personally I'm not sure it's about being pragmatic or defending, just that when we're not backs to the wall the players are all so far apart with that gigantic hole in midfield it's hard to play football. I bet McGinn still starts, so if we're going 4-3-3 you'd think Kamara starts so again finding room for Luiz will only happen if JJ plays as part of the front 3 with Bailey and Watkins. I can't see Coutinho starting on the bench though so we're probably dropping one of our best players regardless.

If we are going to try and stay compact, frustrate them and hit them on the break I could see us nicking it 1-0 or it being a 0-0 bore draw. depending on how Leicester play. If we play our "normal" disjointed miles apart full of holes football we could give them their first win. The amount riding on it for both managers will make this a bit tense and depending on how much of that rubs off on the players you'd think that might mean it'll be a poor game with lots of errors.