Pre Match thread

ender4

26 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Got to have us as favourites for this one. 

Depends on how we approach the game and if our confidence is up

Perfect example united look hopless 1st two games then beat liverpool and look at them now

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Rodgers sounded miserable after Brighton  — again. It’s like he’s begging to be sacked. But what does one say?

I think most of the problems at leicester are not rodgers doing. The owners havent backed him at all this summer

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think most of the problems at leicester are not rodgers doing. The owners havent backed him at all this summer

Interesting. I don't follow them closely. Any word on why they're not forking over transfer funds? I did see that their FFP numbers don't look fantastic.

10 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Interesting. I don't follow them closely. Any word on why they're not forking over transfer funds? I did see that their FFP numbers don't look fantastic.

I think they felt he didnt spemd the money wisely previous year ans dint trust him with large amounts of cash.

Bit i think that is a ridiculous ideology after everything he has done for them.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think they felt he didnt spemd the money wisely previous year ans dint trust him with large amounts of cash.

Bit i think that is a ridiculous ideology after everything he has done for them.

Is it just me, or is it unusual to see what appears to be almost open criticism of the owners by a manager? He always seems to be daring them to sack him.

Same side, no need to change it. Keep Young at right back with Cash out; Guilbert should then be on the bench.

Bring Buendia or Coutinho on for any players flagging later on.

McGinn is the only player we could improve on, I would be tempted to swap him for Dendoncker if fit.

• Like 1

Last season we went there after a winless run and ground out the most boring 0-0 imagineable.

Not sure we'll create enough to be sure of a convincing win tbh, infact I think Gerrard would be o.k with a point. If we then beat Southampton at home we move back into midtable pack with more winnable games to come in October.

Leicester surely have no option but to throw their new CB in so that will push Ndidi back into midfield alongside Tielemans, Dewsbury-Hall and Maddison. If we're still playing McGinn we can't be sure of dominating that and their two strikers were lively today and both scored so think Vardy will stay on the bench.

It's the classic banana skin game here and we've already flopped in two similar occasions this season (Bournemouth and West Ham) so I'm not confident and worry we'll waste momentum of Man. City result.

Unconvincing 1-1.

Rogers sounded flat after yesterday's defeat mentioned confidence is low, villa need to smell blood and go for Leicester.

We should go for imo with martinez as skipper.

Martinez

Young         konsa    mings    digne

Kamara        Luiz

Bailey          emi/countinho      Ramsey

Watkins

4 2 3 1

That side after man City confidence boost if we attack on front foot should be too much for Leicester grab an early goal and home fans will.become toxic to our advantage hopefully

Edited by villan501
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

i've already said i doubt it will:

but just because some are at least open to the idea that he might turn it around, it doesn't mean that anyone's been 'brainwashed'. it's just nice to go to leicester with a feeling of optimism for a change

Optimism going to Leicester, I doubt that, It's a must MUST win. They'll see it as a good chance of getting there first. Unfortunately the Man City draw won't blur there vision into thinking we have turned that corner.

16 minutes ago, jim said:

Where I’m at, we need to run the next two. I’m most worried about Leicester, they can’t keep losing but if we play well they are there for the taking.

Although I agree that Leicester can't keep losing they do look awful. Players arguing on the pitch and BR saying the team doesn't have the quality (paraphrase) just speaks of a team that has yet to reach its low point. 

14 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Optimism going to Leicester, I doubt that, It's a must MUST win. They'll see it as a good chance of getting there first. Unfortunately the Man City draw won't blur there vision into thinking we have turned that corner.

It's a MUST play well. As is Southampton.

We hardly ever look like we have a clue what we're doing when we aren't backs to the wall.

The evidence at the moment suggests Gerrard would have been a very good manager for Burnley last year.

• Like 3