Pre Match thread

ender4

3 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Oh FFS do we really need to call off the football programme??

Need to postpone everything so the Brits can continue to live out their Dungeons and Dragons kings and queens fantasy....  🙄

All I'm saying is that America doesn't shut down when a President dies...  We lower the flags half staff maybe watch the funeral, then go back to our lives as business as usual.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Need to postpone everything so the Brits can continue to live out their Dungeons and Dragons kings and queens fantasy....  🙄

All I'm saying is that America doesn't shut down when a President dies...  We lower the flags half staff maybe watch the funeral, then go back to our lives as business as usual.  

The Queen died in office. The last president to die in office was Kennedy and there was national mourning and events were called off.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, KMitch said:

Irrelevant comparison

Edited by Django_Zooms

Every ground should belt out the national anthem before kick off and her life should be celebrated with things going ahead as normal - it would be much more fitting than national mourning for a country already in a depressive state with everything going on the last few years. Just my opinion, what will be will be. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

Oh FFS do we really need to call off the football programme??

No, definitely doesn't need to happen.

If anything the football could be played with the notion to honour and celebrate her life, with a minute's silence, national anthem and any other befitting sentiments.

Just out of curiosity, did the football get postponed when Princess Diana passed away?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1