Leander Dendoncker

HalfTimePost

On 15/12/2023 at 04:02, Keyblade said:

I know the opposition were poor, but this was the best I've seen him play for us. Says a lot about how far we've come where a Belgian international is probably the weakest senior player in our squad.

I don’t think he is anymore.  Might need a move and regular football to get his place back.

I think we should play him for the United game. If he can't come in and cover while Kamara is suspended then what is the point genuinely? 

Have Donk play and get McGinn further forward, Dougie more freedom and that increases our chances massively. 

• Like 1

Some of the comments about him before kickoff were ridiculous for a player that wears our badge.

He's limited yes, but he is also a squad player that by all reports causes no problems despite wanting more minutes.

We are lucky to have a guy like this in our squad, we can't sign 25 first team players it doesn't work like that.

Really happy for him, getting a start and banging in a goal..

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Some of the comments about him before kickoff were ridiculous for a player that wears our badge.

He's limited yes, but he is also a squad player that by all reports causes no problems despite wanting more minutes.

We are lucky to have a guy like this in our squad, we can't sign 25 first team players it doesn't work like that.

Really happy for him, getting a start and banging in a goal..

I see your point but he is genuinely a complete liability to the way we play. He might be a decent footballer but in our system, in that position, he does more harm than good and absolutely must go.

• Like 1

Just now, AV82 said:

I see your point but he is genuinely a complete liability to the way we play. He might be a decent footballer but in our system, in that position, he does more harm than good and absolutely must go.

By your post I think you don't understand my point, you need squad players and they will never be as good as your first eleven.

Dendonker starts in some PL teams 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

He's not a bad player, just limited. But Luiz barely helped him today did he? Luiz should be taking responsibility out there today and trying to get a hold in midfield.

This! (Agreeing with you is becoming a bit too familiar 😅)

People will say Dendonker cost us today in midfield...

No he didn't, he did his job and was exposed because Luiz literally did nothing for 103 minutes

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 2

Â