Leander Dendoncker

HalfTimePost

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

I'd loan him out for 2nd half of season, he's a good PL player and he can prove that. I'd loan him to Everton on Palace or someone similar. His value would be more in a summer market after playing half a season.

I think that anyone loaning him would know what they would be getting and previous loans have shown that value seldom increases after a season, more likely if he's played a part in keeping them up, they might look somewhere else the following season and leave the player with us. 

22 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

He has sufficient premier league experience that we should be looking to sell him in January. However, the sort of clubs that would want him might hedge their bets if they're in a relegation scrap so a loan might suit everyone. Forest, Fulham or Bournemouth awaits, Leander. 

I suspect a loan would suit the loaning club more than us, we would save half a season's wages (or a proportion of it) but I would want an obligation to buy, we have been stung too often in the past with open ended loans. 

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

I'd loan him out for 2nd half of season, he's a good PL player and he can prove that. I'd loan him to Everton on Palace or someone similar. His value would be more in a summer market after playing half a season.

Would they be able to agree any deals in their situation or have the cash to make it happen? In general, a loan has to be a positive result for us, imo. 

• Like 1

He probably wouldn't get in the Palace, Everton, or Forest starting elevens, only way he should be going to any of those clubs is if it's a permanet transfer, because if he went there on loan chances are he would hardly play and just come back to us, not because he's a bad player, those clubs just happen to already have decent options in central midfield, you could probably argue that he would have a chance of getting more game time if he stopped here than go to Everton or Palace, we have better starters, but they have more depth in central midfiel, as as it stands he's an injury away from Kamara to being in our starting eleven, as a two man midfield of Tielemans and Luiz won't offer enough defensive cover against most Premier League sides.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, sne said:

Rumored to Everton apparently.

They're losing Gana in January to the AFCON and he'll be away for 6 weeks as Senegal will be one of the favourites.

Can see that being an early January loan or permanent for low fee if their FFP allows. Probably loan is better as we're playing them middle of January.

2 hours ago, TheMightyVillans said:

loan with obligation to buy if they stay up would be a good deal for both teams.

Would be a good deal for both 

Plus I like the idea of a "should you stay up" clause, something of a you're shit and we're not Billy big bollocks about it

Sale to Everton would be good for both clubs, or loan with obligation to buy. 

We're covered in CM with McGinn playing there when Kamara drops to RCB in possession. So with Tielemans, Luiz, McGinn, Kamara and if needed we can play Chambers or JJ maybe. 

On 22/11/2023 at 15:50, VillaParkAvenue said:

He wouldn’t be great in a low block. Ask Wolves fans, Donk has never been great.

He could do a job in a low block.

I wouldn’t want him if my team was in a relegation scrap but I guess he could potentially do a job for them. Would be surprised if Everton could afford him though. 

Â