Match Thread: Arsenal v Villa

limpid

As a side note, Arsenal look awesome and have since the start of the season.  If they keep this up they won’t be far behind City and Liverpool at the end of the season, it’s all about keeping it up.

We look like a team from the Championship compared to them.

• Sad 2

Just now, nick76 said:

As a side note, Arsenal look awesome and have since the start of the season.  If they keep this up they won’t be far behind City and Liverpool at the end of the season, it’s all about keeping it up.

We look like a team from the Championship compared to them.

You hit the nail on the head we will be plying our trade in the championship next year.

Awful from Villa. Totally dominated. They're worryingly nervous. And a major miracle that somehow we only conceded one in that half... Still plenty of time for Arsenal to hit us for six or more. With the players we have, with their potential, we should have been so much better than we have been in three of our first five games. Ffs !

What’s even the point of waiting to see the outcome of the city defeat ? We’ll be beaten with him anyway. Players look lost, don’t know how to set up. I’d imagine the atmosphere around bodymoor is tense. Get a fresh face in for a few days at least until we get a new guy in. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

It's character building.

If that is true i must be some character..having had to sit thru Villa managers since Ron saunders,,I remember graham turner getting the boot and so many others after him in the mid 80s.

• Haha 2

Time to go.. doesnt learn his lessons. Totally oblivious to our tactical shortcomings. I genuinely thought we had a top 8 team potentially. Then i thought we had a top 8 team if we had decent coaching. I am now convinced we are just shit. 

The players look lost, they don't know where they are supposed to be on the pitch

For the goal Ramsey looked round then slowly jogged out, even though Cash was already tight to the Arsenal player - to me that wasn't a slow jog because he's lazy, it was a hesitant run because he simply wasn't sure if he was also meant to be out there closing that time. But when the manager has you playing full back for the half of the time when you're a midfielder, its not a surprise he got confused.

Kamara is the only one who looks remotely like a PL player. That was truly depressing. Arsenal look like prime Barcelona well we look like…….well…..Aston Villa! Depressing. Roll on a red card in the second half too!

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Keown the only one making any sense.

I think it's incredibly harsh from Agbonlahor to call that a blunder from Martinez - it's a deflection, he's heard Chris Sutton say blunder and agreed. Sutton is short sighted, Gabby is massive and dense. 

Fixed this one for you champ. 

• Haha 1

How have Villa got so much worse? It’s not that we’ve been stingy on the signings or we lost a load of key players. The players on the pitch tonight have all played far better football in their Villa careers, yet under Stevie G, we are totally lost. Clueless, Fragile. If Villa was A TV show, we are season 7/8 of game of thrones 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1