Match Thread: Arsenal v Villa

limpid

Saying that we're narrow is on par with commenting on how blue the sky is. Yet, our best play comes from the wide areas. Bailey is magnetized to the wing. Haven't seen shit from Digne. Ramsey anonymous, McGinn no better. Mings is trying his best but he's on his own, Konsa is a statue. Kamara must wonder where on earth he has landed. Watkins has as thankless a task as it gets, his isolation makes him seem less effective than he really is. 

Pitiful.

Just now, rodders0223 said:

14 passes for McGinn and a less than 70% accuracy and yet again he is the worst player on the pitch for ball turnover. But it is fine. It is John.

It doesn't count and it doesn't matter. He's brilliant at what he does and a real lad and what a lion and terrier he is.

I counted 5 times he passed it straight to an Arsenal player including just before they scored.

Just now, CVByrne said:

I like the effort levels from us. We're being outclassed. Arsenal can't keep that up 2nd half

Sure they can. They have the ball, it's attack vs defence. They'll keep going until we're too exhausted to hold them back much more. This is only getting worse, we have no threat at all.

Any ANY half decent manager would look at this and make at least 2 half time substitutions and try to totally change the second half. 

Watch him start the second half unaltered. 

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Yeah I think he got beat by Jesus too easily and made the mistake of assuming Martinez was going to secure it.

OK.  I phrased my first post poorly.

I didn't call out any of the other failings.  Frustrated that a player of Mings ability and clear determination just watched the ball instead of reacting to the player he was marking.

Ramsey completely abandons his role of covering wingback, but then, he shouldn't be playing that role. That failing is largely on Gerrard.

It's a disgrace how poor we are set up and gets me very moody.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I suppose its ‘baby steps’

I don’t think it’s much better.  It’s just hacking and defending for our lives, it’s lucky we aren’t 3 behind.