What is the hottest thing you have ever eaten?

Follyfoot

1 minute ago, mrchnry said:

Probably a carolina reaper chilli. It blew my head off. The pain comes in waves. 

I had a really hot curry last week and I've not been right since. Arse is all over the place. 

Any reason why you are the 🌶 fair play mind

Edited by Follyfoot

Yeah my immediate thought was of a young woman I knew in my late twenties. <insert Sid James dirty laugh>

Food wise, at work once I was commandeered into taking part in my office’s version of the bushtucker trial from “I am celeb…”. My mate had organised it for children in need and no one had volunteered, so he found the nearest idio…I mean, reliable person to make sure it wasn’t a complete non event. 

Anyway, it was some pepper, wish I could remember the name. I don’t think it was a ghost pepper but it looked quite like it. It was also the day I found out that drinking water really isn’t much use in dealing with the heat. I had a bit of a lie down in the afternoon.

I also ate a scorpion as part of all this. I’ve had better lunchtimes.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Haha 1

i use carolina reaper & trinidad scorpion chilli sauces in my curries/chill con carnes etc...chilli farm stuff that has like 60% of the actual chilli in

tried some on a spoon once and it was quite bizarre...didn't hurt, it literally numbed my mouth. can see why 3rd world countries use chillis as anesthetic

2 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

When I was young, I’m sure these were hotter than the sun? As in, they would strip the skin off your lips, not the chilli factor.

3CA84994-9CFA-4BED-940D-444875EAE042.jpeg.495bd2a626da0a593055073eac4de1a2.jpeg

Especially when it gets stuck to the roof of your mouth!

I'm such a wuss with eating. Not only can I not handle hot (as in spicy) food, but the same goes for hot (as in temperature). I never got burned by pop tarts, etc., as I'd always leave them to cool on a plate for a good while before eating them. And I find ice cream unbearably cold, it makes my throat physically hurt, unless it's pretty much melted. My wife finishes her cup of tea and tells me mine's gone cold - but it's still too hot for me. 

And I don't have a big appetite at the best of times - I can easily skip meals and not care. If I'm honest, I don't much care about eating at all - it's just a chore I have to do to stay alive. If I could live on a magic nutrition pill a day, like in science fiction stories, I probably would. 

Edited by mjmooney

I like my spicy food so someone at work gave me a bit of a chilli he had in a packet, I have no idea what it was called but **** me as soon as I bit into it my mouth was on fire, tears streaming down my face, I had to down some milk which I've not drunk since junior school.  I didn't even swallow any of it, Lord knows what it would have done to my insides.

Â