What is the hottest thing you have ever eaten?

Follyfoot

Wanted to find out a bit more about this Carolina Reaper malarkey.

Firstly, I found it interesting that these super hot chilis are used for purposes like scaring away elephants and preventing sea creatures from growing on boats. I think that gives a clue as to what they might be capable of doing to your gut.

I was nearly crying along with these two guys. Incredible telly, but not sure what pleasure they're getting from pepper spraying their insides.

On 28/08/2022 at 21:50, leemond2008 said:

Surprised no one has mentioned these yet, I saw some random youtube people eating them as a challenge, had to buy them and they are extremely hot, like really really fire hot.

Since then I have made sure that I've got some in the cupboard, just about to sit down and have a bowl right now in fact, got me a nice big glass of milk to go with them.

Samyang 2xSpicy Hot Chicken Flavour Ramen - 40 Packets : Amazon.co.uk:  Grocery

Korea’s finest.  I eat the black ones which are one down from these pretty regularly.

The 2x spicy are good too though.  I don’t think there’s that much difference between them tbf

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

was expecting you to have done the szechuan hot and sour soup with szechuan peppercorns

what a weird sensation that is, not sure what it measures up as on the scoville units, dont think its silly but its just the way the peppercorns numb your mouth so that you can eat the hotter chillies, never had anything else like it

Tbh I’m in team Mooney , I don’t like spicy food and don’t really get it … if I’m abroad and it’s a traditional dish I might have a stab at it , I did do a Szechuan hotpot when I was there but I did suffer as a result 

Currys I eat to be social as the guys always want to go for one , but I just have the mixed grill tikka which is almost zero spice  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Wanted to find out a bit more about this Carolina Reaper malarkey.

Firstly, I found it interesting that these super hot chilis are used for purposes like scaring away elephants and preventing sea creatures from growing on boats. I think that gives a clue as to what they might be capable of doing to your gut.

I was nearly crying along with these two guys. Incredible telly, but not sure what pleasure they're getting from pepper spraying their insides.

hot ones is a good interview series, he asks well researched and different questions, im sure a few people here watch it, i flirt with it depending on who the guest is, been tempted to try and buy some of the sauces, at the height of watching it i did some wraps using this one - 

See the source image

not sure on the scoville but that was too much for me, didnt enjoy it even if i do think the encona sauces are a good range / product

this one however which i wouldnt describe as "hot" is probably the best sauce ive ever had

See the source image

its a properly beautiful taste

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

hot ones is a good interview series, he asks well researched and different questions, im sure a few people here watch it, i flirt with it depending on who the guest is, been tempted to try and buy some of the sauces, at the height of watching it i did some wraps using this one - 

See the source image

not sure on the scoville but that was too much for me, didnt enjoy it even if i do think the encona sauces are a good range / product

this one however which i wouldnt describe as "hot" is probably the best sauce ive ever had

See the source image

its a properly beautiful taste

I used to take a bottle of Encona to the match to eat with my pakoras, sometimes. But usually raita sauce (NO CUCUMBER)

• Like 1

Encona is my go to hot sauce. I prefer the one with Papaya in it to the original but they don't stock it in the supermarkets near me, so only get it when I end up in one further afield and remember to look.

In terms of hot food, I've always had a high tolerance to it and love hot Curries. I can still handle the heat but it does have more of an impact next day than it used to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

My wife's a big fan of the Encona sauce. I feel a bit guilty, because she'd go out for curries a lot more often if it wasn't for me. 

spacer.png

id say i lean more towards flying goose sriracha over encona but i eat wraps with chicken nuggets and salad smothered in that once a week but thats not crazy hot thats just a nice little kick balanced with avocado or mozzarella, again worked my way through the range

curries i cant get past CTM, i like it too much to ever want to try something different at an indian restaurant, its top tier food, i could happily eat that once a week too

flying goose has a new tikka flavour but i cant find it anywhere, i'll have a look for the papaya encona that sounds up my street (KW)

• 8 months later...
On 28/08/2022 at 11:11, mjmooney said:

I'm such a wuss with eating. Not only can I not handle hot (as in spicy) food, but the same goes for hot (as in temperature). I never got burned by pop tarts, etc., as I'd always leave them to cool on a plate for a good while before eating them. And I find ice cream unbearably cold, it makes my throat physically hurt, unless it's pretty much melted. My wife finishes her cup of tea and tells me mine's gone cold - but it's still too hot for me. 

And I don't have a big appetite at the best of times - I can easily skip meals and not care. If I'm honest, I don't much care about eating at all - it's just a chore I have to do to stay alive. If I could live on a magic nutrition pill a day, like in science fiction stories, I probably would. 

I’m kind of with you on eating. I really enjoy a very good meal (rare beef filet, smoked pork ribs, etc). However, if there was a pill I could swallow instead of having to eat a “regular” meal, I’d take it.

Has anyone tried the Encona carolina reaper sauce? Just wondered how it compared to the Exxxtra hot pepper sauce. 

Â