Ratings & Reactions: Villa v West Ham

limpid

Match Polls  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/08/22 at 22:59

9 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Had to drive to holiday after all of us watching this live, including the Mrs. Great start to the holiday and totally predictable after the first half 

created nothing, lost our shape when he took Luiz off

piss off Gerrard

enjoy your holiday mate 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Robtaylor200 said:

enjoy your holiday mate 

Cheers Rob, was going to Arsenal Weds but a 9 hour round trip from where we are. Not bothering now, they wouldn’t come and see me if I was sick 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Cheers Rob, was going to Arsenal Weds but a 9 hour round trip from where we are. Not bothering now, they wouldn’t come and see me if I was sick 

But the most crazy thing is. You will still find some where to watch it or listen to it and spoil another day of your holiday :)

37 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

But the most crazy thing is. You will still find some where to watch it or listen to it and spoil another day of your holiday :)

100 % correct 🤣🤣

The first half was so and so. West Ham didnt look like scoring but Villas play was so slow, it was boring to watch.

Think everybody knew West Ham were not gonna be as bad second half, it was a lucky deflection goal but we absolutely did not deserve to win that game regardless.

No idea how Gerrard wants to play, taking Luiz off instead of Mcginn was criminal. Mcginn will be one of the downfalls of Gerrard - captaincy and not dropping him when he is so clearly out of form and could do with a spell on the bench. 

Sadly I think the owners will wait till Arsenal and Man City are out the way before sacking him, gives the new manager some better games to take over. Gonna be a rough week this week  

Why should we write off the next two games anymore for a flukey win after that?

Gerrard himself has said we go into every game aiming to win.

Accepting defeat before kicking a ball is why we are in this mess, FFS!

#stillangry

Gerrard lost the game for us when he took Luiz off for Ramsey. Basically an invitation for the previously invisible Declan Rice to run the game.Choosing McGinn as captain will be the thing that sinks him. Presume we’re talking to potential replacements on the down low.

Kamara MOTM. Not looking forward to the next two.

• Like 2

For fans who were in VP Saturday - did it feel like the whole ground was jeering and booing at FT?

It came across on tv like everyone was in unison. 

Edited by ccfcman

8 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

People said He was only here as a stepping stone for the Liverpool job.

Well I don't think we need to worry about them calling for him any time soon 

I am not worried about them calling for him, in fact I am praying Liverpool, or anybody for that matter, does call for him, but I get what your saying, who would want him.

Edited by Podster

The club worked so hard on rebuilding a spirited dressing room since relegation, and the positive vibe was largely built by Smith and even a certain degree by Kebab Steve. I might be going towards the conspiracy territory, but the VP dressing room doesn't seems to have that positive vibe anymore, with Mings being "injured" and "ill", Bailey wanting to leave, and generally players turning to shits " ie the Konsa". Then we now have Gerrard blaming the players after every single defeat, instead of a coherent discussion amongs staff and players of what went wrong and how to rectify. Even at Smith's final hours it still felt the dressing room was there abeit with low confidence, but there was a "team" there trying to work things out together. What also strikes me in particular against Bolton (yes a L1 team), it was the coaching staff, or at least I saw 3 of them continuously passing through info to SG as if they know SG couldn't really see things on the pitch, like a North Korean dictator with 3 of his commanders.

The only positive thing is that it's an easy fix, just get rid of the cancer. Shame it might be too late and the nucleus of this team is already broken by the time for the new person to fix.

1 minute ago, ccfcman said:

For fans who were in VP Saturday - did it feel like the whole ground was jeering and booing at FT?

It came across on tv like everyone was in unison. 

Stevie couldn't get down the tunnel quick enough.

8 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Serious question, would the players privately down tools in the next two games and take a good hammering to see him gone? Not saying they will or it’s what I expect, just wondering if they would consider it?

Any player who considers such things can go jump. Its a massive two fingers up to the fans who spend time and hard earned money following this great club. That said it seems some players have subconsciously downed tools already judging by lack of enthusiasm and energy shown on the field!

• Like 2

Â