Match Thread: Villa v Wesr Ham

limpid

Think we look much better with Luiz in there. He is much better at the defensive stuff then McGinn and Ramsey. Would prefer Ramsey over McGinn though. 

We're controlling the game and look comfortable because we are controlling possession. Luiz with Kamara is where that control is coming from. In this 4-4-2 diamond maybe McGinn is better then Ramsey, but in a 4-3-3 I think Ramsey would be better.

Just now, Philosopher said:

Think we look much better with Luiz in there. He is much better at the defensive stuff then McGinn and Ramsey. Would prefer Ramsey over McGinn though. 

I'd have either Ramsey for McGinn, or push Luiz forward and have Tim on for McGinn

5 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

We're looking good so far so I'm gonna throw out my hot take. For all his qualities, Ramsey is not suited to CM, especially the way we play. He's still young and I'm sure he will become a much better CM in time, but he needs to mature as a player to play there imo.

He doesn't have the positional discipline, consistency in passing ability or defensive abiliy to operate effectively in that role, the first two I think McGinn shares too, so when the two play in midfield we look far too open and without options in build up. We need someone like Luiz to play otherwise Kamara ends up far too isolated far too often.

I think he'd be much better suited to playing further up the pitch where he can utilise his dribbling and close control that he excels at, without risking too much defensively in the midfield. He's still only 21, I think he just needs a couple more seasons to mature as a player before consistently starting in the midfield.

I’ve wondered whether he’d be good in place of Watkins.. he has more composure