Ismaila Sarr

Aston_Villan4

Ismailia Sarr’s move to Aston Villa has collapsed. A host of stumbling blocks meant Villa have withdrawn from negotiations.

Agreement was reached with Watford on Saturday for a fee worth more than £25m with add-ons, and Sarr was due to undergo a medical in Birmingham today.

But problems emerged when the two sides began to discuss the details of the deal, which included the possibility of Cameron Archer or Kortney Hause joining Watford on loan.

Sky Sports News has been told that Steven Gerrard - and Villa’s bosses - had growing reservations over the deal, and have walked away.

Sarr was not in the Watford squad for Saturday's match at Preston North End, though Watford manager Rob Edwards said he was left out because of injury.

click

hmm sounds like watford or the players representatives were being very unrealistic and we weren't having it  

Edited by Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, useless said:

I'm fed up of hearing about a central midfielder in this thread and on twitter, this deal has nothing whatsoever to do with whether we sign a midfielder or not, can't believe the amount of people that don't realize that just because we tried to sign Sarr doesn't mean to say we're not also trying to sign a midfielder.

Just because the Sarr deal was made public, that doesn't mean to say that signing a forward is a priority over signing a midfielder, clubs can work on more than one deal at once.

Absolutely this. People just want to twist it and attack the club. Whatever the outcome we move forward. Deals happen and break down all the time. People need to stop exceptionalising this deal because of their hatred of Gerrard.  

Edited by The_Steve
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I’m not upset if this doesn’t go ahead, seems like a Traore MkII to me but with more pace.

Yeah but you just know he'll be rocking up in a Newcastle or Palace shirt later in the season and absolutely murdering us

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This. I’m not happy with Gerrard but when everything is twisted to have a dig at him i almost feel compelled to defend him.

Go on then. Defend him.

What would you use, pray tell, to defend a manager who's won 3 league games from a possible 14?

Who's got the best Villa squad in years at his disposal, but has them looking like they haven't a clue how to play football together, can't string 3 passes together, can't convert chances into goals, can't defend?

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I dont think its on us when reading on sky sports news. Sounds like we were just being taking for a ride

Including Archer and Hause and Sarr asking for too much in personal terms. Probably just too complicated and us walking away makes sense.

Sarr wants to leave and Watford want to sell so someone will sign him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

How? Deals come and go. We aren’t privy to the ins and outs. It’s not a reflection of the club. Maybe, just maybe, their demands were unreasonable? 

Everything was agreed and soon as they wanted Hause or archer on loan we decided against it, when neither will play much for us this season

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Go on then. Defend him.

What would you use, pray tell, to defend a manager who's won 3 league games from a possible 14?

Who's got the best Villa squad in years at his disposal, but has them looking like they haven't a clue how to play football together, can't string 3 passes together, can't convert chances into goals, can't defend?

That nobody knows what his involvement was with the Sarr signing perhaps?

2 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

Deals collapse all the time, this is not a shambles, its just standard transfer business, people need to get a grip and stop overreacting. 

Exactly. Arsenal walked away from the transfer of our apparent best player. These things happen. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

So we've pulled the plug on a winger and loaned out one of the two we have.  Gerrard doubling down on his shite system?

Think it's more likely that we expected to Traore out/Sarr in at the same time and have **** it up

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont think its on us when reading on sky sports news. Sounds like we were just being taking for a ride

Like Arsenal and Southampton did in previous windows. We are a bit of a laughing stock about how we are run with some of these deals

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Â