Footnall At The Weekend, August 19-22

rjw63

On the other hand, I want United to lose 3 or 4 in a row then pull a good result out of nowhere. It's like watching them slowly bleed out.

If the Glazers do sell or they get another new manager there is always the possibility that someone shows up who knows what they're doing.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Every United player is working 20% harder, that’s not because Ronaldo is on the bench. 

They're tactically better in this game, particularly on Salah, but a massive plus point has been the pressing intensity off the ball.  All of Sancho, Rashford and Elanga/Martial have been absolutely at Liverpool.  Could you genuinely see this version of Ronaldo playing this way?

He isn't a shit player - he's a fantastic goal scorer - but he limits Man Utd's play.  That stat r.e: Man Utd's last few goals; 13 in 14 games.  No-one else involved because the game isn't fluent enough with Ronaldo up top and they don't have wingers.  What happens?  Limited attacking options, limited team, gets overrun in opponents' half.  r.e: the Brighton game, from memory they experimented with Eriksen up top (:D).

I'm just amazed anyone could be watching this game thinking "it'd just be the same if Ronaldo was up top".

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

On the other hand, I want United to lose 3 or 4 in a row then pull a good result out of nowhere. It's like watching them slowly bleed out.

If the Glazers do sell or they get another new manager there is always the possibility that someone shows up who knows what they're doing.

They just got a new manager that knows what he is doing. The will get better and better under EtH

• Like 1

Just now, a m ole said:

The funny part is Man Utd fans will be thinking about a title charge after this

lol yup. their fans were basically giving up on life after last fixture and now they'll be talking about the glory days again. football fans are the antithesis of the Vulcan doctrine.

Just now, TheAuthority said:

Why couldn’t TenHag be that manager?

I think he’ll get them playing pretty well if he’s allowed to mould the squad and bomb out the bad apples. 

Â