Jan Bednarek

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, useless said:

Leicester signing an higher profile defender than Bednarek probably because they hadn't already spent £30m on a central defender previously this window. Their situation doesn't tell us anything about us because their situation is completey different to ours.

Funny thing is I remember a lot of people at the start of window saying that defence wasn't a priority, because we had Konsa, Mings, and Chambers, and Hause an adequate back-up, well we've got those options now, other than possibly Bednarek instead of Hause which is an upgrade anyway, even if Bednarek isn't an upgrade on Chambers, Mings, and, Konsa, he's still represents more of an upgrade on our defence than many were asking or expecting for at the start of window.

I think two important things to remember is that fans might be fickle and have written Konsa completely off, but the experts at the club will have more sense than that, and even if he's out of form now will recognize that if they can get him back on form then he will be a big assett to us, possibly our best defender even, he's still young, so will still be seen as big long term assett for the club as he's already proven how good he can be, and also Carlos is only injured he we will return at some point, maybe sooner than we're expecting, we can't just stockpile central defenders worth twenty million plus or whatever.

The way some people are reacting on here you would think that our defence was league 2 standard and in need of a massive upgrade. They seem to have totally forgotten that we are desperate for at least one CM. 

9 minutes ago, a-k said:

On a loan with an non-obligatory option to buy? Who from this league might be available and would be better?

Rob Holding? Chalobah? Ampadu? Michael Keane? Liam Cooper? Vestergaard? Phil Jones? Federico Fernandez? Tanganga? Willy Boly?

That’s what Gerrard, Lange and the recruitment team need to find out, that’s their job.  If the best they have found is Bednarek then I’d question their ability and then why bother? He’s an awful defender and will want assurances to start because it’s WC year.  No point getting a body in for the sake of a body.  

Doesn’t matter whether it’s a loan, or a buy or a loan with a buy option, the starting point is will he add anything and the answer is no so the transfer cost is a pointless discussion.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

That’s what Gerrard, Lange and the recruitment team need to find out, that’s their job.  If the best they have found is Bednarek then I’d question their ability and then why bother? He’s an awful defender and will want assurances to start because it’s WC year.  No point getting a body in for the sake of a body.  

Doesn’t matter whether it’s a loan, or a buy or a loan with a buy option, the starting point is will he add anything and the answer is no so the transfer cost is a pointless discussion.

Add to the CM issue, where they can't seem to find one player in world football that is available and ticks the boxes. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, nick76 said:

So if Mings gets injured, you'd be happy starting Konsa and Chambers with Feeney as the only other option?

11 minutes ago, a-k said:

So if Mings gets injured, you'd be happy starting Konsa and Chambers with Feeney as the only other option?

The other option should have been Hause... 

Failing that a loan player in for the year, signing this guy on a 3/4 deal is a shit signing for a lot of reasons not just because he's not very good

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Gerrard has brought him in for a bit of steel to our lightweight squad.

That's great. He can take the Ciaran Clark role and run around injuring our players on the training pitch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a-k said:

On a loan with an non-obligatory option to buy? Who from this league might be available and would be better?

Rob Holding? Chalobah? Ampadu? Michael Keane? Liam Cooper? Vestergaard? Phil Jones? Federico Fernandez? Tanganga? Willy Boly?

Why does it have to be a player from this one specific league

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sounds solid enough, great if a loan allows us to splash on a serious midfield/forward, preferably both. After all, we just went big on Carlos and he will be back, I suspect Carlos’ partner will deserve a bigger, more expensive name maybe in one season. We can’t do everything in one window.

Edited by thunderball

2 hours ago, a-k said:

Why is that the question? Nobody is arguing that we need another CB in, we all agree on that.  

The point is that the best we can do is Jan Bednarek who is very poor? That doesn’t make sense especially as he’s probably only coming if he get assurances that he will, more often than not, start for us given it’s World Cup year.  He wouldn’t come otherwise.

Him starting regularly for us would be a complete joke!

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Why is that the question? Nobody is arguing that we need another CB in, we all agree on that.  

The point is that the best we can do is Jan Bednarek who is very poor? That doesn’t make sense especially as he’s probably only coming if he get assurances that he will, more often than not, start for us given it’s World Cup year.  He wouldn’t come otherwise.

Him starting regularly for us would be a complete joke!

sometimes i wonder if your claret and blue glasses are super glued to your face. Bednarek is a decent player.

3 minutes ago, bielesibub said:

sometimes i wonder if your claret and blue glasses are super glued to your face. Bednarek is a decent player.

I’ve seen enough of Bednarek to know he’s not good enough but even if you think I have tinted glasses the Saints fans don’t think much of him.  

I even quoted on here somebody from Saints trying to back him and they said he gets too much stick from the Saints fans but does have a lot of awful games.

Edited by nick76

Â