Match Thread: Crystal Palace v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, 1974Centenary said:

I find that very odd,he honed his craft at various clubs? Meaning he was sacked by said various clubs but Gerard wins a league title at one.

Well yes, starting small, learning to fail and bouncing back is what I was highlighting there. That experience is way more valuable than winning a title in the SPL or finishing 6th in the Championship with the team that finished 5th the previous season, all due respect.

1 minute ago, AV82 said:

We have a fantastic squad, training complex, stadium and support. Our problems begin and end with Steven Gerrard.

Fantastic squad? Give me some of what you’re having mate

10 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We're just a bang average football team and Palace are a better side. We just need to accept our level is lower mid table

This is probably the biggest pile of rubbish I’ve ever read on this forum. The difference between these two sides is in the management and coaching. Nothing about what we are seeing is acceptable. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AV82 said:

We have a fantastic squad, training complex, stadium and support. Our problems begin and end with Steven Gerrard.

Well two out of four.  Three if the new manager does well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hev said:

Why on earth would Poch come to Villa anyway. 

Big club and fan base.

Ambitious owners who have proven they will spend and a very decent squad on paper so just getting us to perform to the mean of ability will bring substantial improvement.

Dont think it’s completely out the question, outside of the “top” clubs they aren’t many more attractive situations than ours (claret and blue specs on).