Pre Match Thread

rjw63

40 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Gerrard is facing the same problem as every Manager at Villa since O'Neill. Inconsistency.

Since 2006 we've had this hanging over us; lack of quality, poor appointment decisions, mental weakness.

It takes some time to eradicate this loser vibe stinking out the place.

The other day, I was almost thinking we remind me of a lower level Man United.

Although, on the flipside, I now think we have the right owners, as opposed to being rotten from the top down.

6 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Expectations are lower for Everton. They're skint and scraped survival on the penultimate day last season. Lampard also had less time on the job.

For a skint club they are certainly been busy in the transfer market. 

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

For a skint club they are certainly been busy in the transfer market. 

2 loans, 2 "free" transfers and a very expensive 20 y.o with 1 top flight season. 

They've sold for €20m more than they have bought for. But pretty good value for money on paper at least.

11 minutes ago, daft said:

lmao He'll **** up and people want him sold in the first 20. 😅

Big fan of Ty and I have faith in him, unlike the manager 😆

Hoping Carlos can reduce the responsibilities for Ty and that he can focus on his strengths. We will have a very formidable CB pairing then - on form, it’s the strongest available one we have and potentially one of the best in the league or outside of the top end teams…

I haven’t written Konsa off, he’s always had the talent and potential but hasn’t been himself for a while and suffered that injury. Needs time to recover his fitness/sharpness and form…

The common phrase for Chambers is “he hasn’t let anyone down” 🤣 Great signing, quality on the ball.

But neither of them are as good as Mings on his day… he brings what we lack otherwise too - presence, physicality, leadership and organisation - we always look a shambles when he doesn’t play, that’s worth remembering for the people that continually write him off. 

• Thanks 1