Relegation Battle - 22/23

Tayls

10 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Bumping this off the back of the first half showing against Leicester our fragile mindsets are more likely to get us into a relegation scrap than battle for a place in Europe. 

We are the very definition of a mid table side. Once you understand this the losses are much easier to handle. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Lock the thread.

Absolute bullflap.

But yet, still possible. And with how we defended today, probable. Embarrassing display. 

Edited by Tayls

2 minutes ago, Tayls said:

But yet, still possible. And with how we defended today, probable. Embarrassing display. 

With how we attacked today we will win enough

We won't lose enough to go down we won't win enough to push further up

We are the epitome of an inconsistent mid table team, not going anywhere, it doesn't have to be one or the other, both of the threads are stupid, we'll do nothing this season, just enjoy the ride

• Like 1

Before I opened the thread, I had a guess at who had bumped it. 

I was correct ;)

Its not that bad mate, just a bad game! 

Edited by Xela

I'm very pessimistic as a Villa fan but I'm not worried we will be dragged into a scrap. 

Southampton have had it and I think Forest and Bournemouth will also drop. 

Today was down to bad individual errors, which won't happen every week, so chill out. 

41 minutes ago, Tayls said:

On what planet is it probably that we'll be in a proper relegation battle? Do you know what probable means?

11 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

5 more wins from 17 games. Should walk that but you never know.

Today was particularly shit because Wolves, Everton and Leicester have all won.

We need about two wins to stay up.

I remember mass panic end of last season but actually think we were mathematically safe when we won at Leeds in early March as we had 36 points then and Burnley finished on 35 points in the end.

Very exciting relegation battle now with some of the results today, Leicester and Wolves aren't going down with what both have in the final third now.

41 minutes ago, Tayls said:

You really believe that we can't get together another 12 points this season?

Arsenal lost to Everton today, sometimes results don't go the way you think they will