Game of Thrones - House of the Dragon

Demitri_C

12 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Just watched it. Looking forward to the next season after previously feeling very "meh" about this. 

It’s definitely a build up season before it all goes to hell next season. 

Spoiler

I knew they were going to do the death of Lucerys over Storms End but I didn't think they were going to do it how they did. With both dragons ultimately disobeying their rider. Aemond's face after Vhagar snaps Arrax in two was priceless

• Like 2

1 hour ago, theunderstudy said:
  Hide contents

I knew they were going to do the death of Lucerys over Storms End but I didn't think they were going to do it how they did. With both dragons ultimately disobeying their rider. Aemond's face after Vhagar snaps Arrax in two was priceless

Spoiler

I loved the change. I guess in the book they only saw Aemond threaten Luke in Storm's End, then chase him off but the accidental death adds a shit tonne of nuance. He's not an intentional kinslayer but it's 100% his fault for being a moron who chased his nephew with a war machine.

You're a book reader right?

17 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:
  Hide contents

I loved the change. I guess in the book they only saw Aemond threaten Luke in Storm's End, then chase him off but the accidental death adds a shit tonne of nuance. He's not an intentional kinslayer but it's 100% his fault for being a moron who chased his nephew with a war machine.

You're a book reader right?

Spoiler

Yes I am. I agree I think it adds nuance to it. He wants to scare him and humble him and most likely take his eye to square them up but he realises that what he's done (or rather what Vhagar does) is a massive act of war and has ensured these factions will never see peace and the rift will never be healed. 

Luke losing control of Arrax is understandable as he's a young dragon and Luke is a young dragonrider but Aemond realising that Vhagar will let him ride her but will not always let him overrule her is really clear to Aemond too.

Glad they didn't do the 'son for a son' line there and let it go into next season

• Like 1

On 23/10/2022 at 12:26, Demitri_C said:

Wow the last episode 10 was best yet. Brilliant 

Its getting a lot better now!

Yep I loved it.  I’ve enjoyed this season even if it’s only been a build up to the next season.

10 episodes of the square root of **** all just to setup next season? Smells like a big budget show trying to drag out the number of seasons to as many as possible. The dragons don't do it for me either, just looks cartoonish.

31 minutes ago, villa89 said:

10 episodes of the square root of **** all just to setup next season? Smells like a big budget show trying to drag out the number of seasons to as many as possible. The dragons don't do it for me either, just looks cartoonish.

It’s based on a story with a defined end. If you rush straight into the meat of it then there’s no payoff and you don’t give a shit about any of the characters.

I’ve already seen a lot of criticism that people don’t care about the characters as it is, imagine people start dying and people have no idea who they are. 

GRRM is very close to this, apparently the show runners wanted to jump straight into the meat of it and GRRM said. 3/4 seasons (and there is definitely enough content to get that)

Â