Game of Thrones - House of the Dragon

Demitri_C

9 hours ago, ender4 said:

Yes, me too. Especially the kids names.

Alicent’s 2 kids - Aegon and Aemond - which is which?

Rheanyra 2 boys names?  

Damon’s 2 daughters names?

Was there someone called Joffrey somewhere earlier in the season? Where is he gone?

All oldest to youngest

Aegon, Haelena, Aemond

Jace (Jacaerys), Luke (Lucerys), Joffrey (the baby from ep6)

Rhaena, Baela

Targaryen's have like 5 names which they recycle tbf. Blame GRRM for that.

• Thanks 1

**** yeah it's finally go time. Best episode by far. Felt like the true pilot after 7 episodes of build up.

Spoiler

wyt8f9nf1ws91.jpg

Spoiler

Paddy Considine, superb. Vizzy T only wanted a happy family and a peaceful realm and he causes the bloodiest civil war ever instead.

The dinner scene was so sad. Finally everyone is happy, the older adults finally reconciled and Aemond opens everything back up again. Proper corrupted their kids against one another. 

Edited by StefanAVFC

Paddy Constantine, Matt Smith and Milly Alcock have all been brilliant. Some very strong acting there. Compare that to the acting of Emilia Clarke and Kit Harrington from GOT. 
I’m not convinced so much by Emma D’Arcy.

Great scene at the end over the dinner table. And also in the great hall, the speed of Daemons sword work chopping off the head. Brilliant.

Next season is where it will all kick off, hopefully filming is already underway.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Paddy Constantine, Matt Smith and Milly Alcock have all been brilliant. Some very strong acting there. Compare that to the acting of Emilia Clarke and Kit Harrington from GOT. 
I’m not convinced so much by Emma D’Arcy.

Great scene at the end over the dinner table. And also in the great hall, the speed of Daemons sword work chopping off the head. Brilliant.

Next season is where it will all kick off, hopefully filming is already underway.

Spoiler

He can keep his tongue

Masterful

• Like 1

https://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/2022/10/11/random-musings/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Latest from GRRM

Key Hot D info (will spoiler potentially book spoilery stuff)

HOUSE OF THE DRAGON has helped brighten my Sundays as well.   I mean, I cannot really review the show, that would be crazy, I am hardly objective… but I do want to commend Ryan Condal and Miguel Sapochnik and the cast and crew for the work they’ve done.   Sunday’s episode, “Lord of the Tides,” was everything I hoped it should be.  Kudos to Eileen Shim, the scriptwriter, to Geeta Patel, the director, to our incredible cast… and particularly to Paddy Considine, for his portrayal of King Viserys, the First of His Name.   The character he created (with Ryan and Sara and Ti and the rest of our writers) for the show is so much more powerful and tragic and fully-fleshed than my own version in FIRE & BLOOD that I am half tempted to go back and rip up those chapters and rewrite the whole history of his reign.   Paddy deserves an Emmy for this episode alone.   If he doesn’t get one, hey, there’s no justice.   Meanwhile,  I  am going to give Archmaester Gyldayn a smack for leaving out so much good stuff.

(No, I am not really going to rewrite FIRE & BLOOD, that was a jape).  ((And no, I am not going to assault Archmaester Glydayn, who does not actually exist.  I made him up)).

Very briefly, however, I think Ryan has handled  the “jumps” very well, and I love love love both the younger Alicent and Rhaenyra and the adult versions, and the actresses who play them.  (Truth be told, we have an incredible cast, and I love all of them).   Do I wish we’d had more time to explore the relationship between Rhaenyra and Ser Harwin, the marriage of Daemon and Laena and their time in Pentos, the birth of various and sundry children

Spoiler

(and YES, Alicent gave Viserys four children, three sons and a daughter, their youngest son Daeron is down in Oldtown, we just did not have the time to work him in this season),

and everything else we had to skip?   Sure.

It is going to take four full seasons of 10 episodes each to do justice to the Dance of the Dragons, from start to finish.

As a new series without precedent I'd have walked away earlier. But obvs its GOT, so stayed with and this ep finally put it all in place. Took a lot of investment in learning the large cast but we've finally kicked off. No doubt will be another group of series between this and GOT - what a huge world they will no doubt exploit. More tits please. 

What did the dying king say to Alicent right at the end? 

Hide contents

She’s the one and has to unite something to fight the North?

Spoiler

The Prince that was Promised that Aegon the Conqueror first saw. He was high on Milk of the Poppy and he thought he was talking to Rhaenyra, so he kept mentioning Aegon (the one previously mentioned) who needs to carry on the line to fight the White Walkers eventually (which doesn't matter now considering how GoT ended)

I read it not as a sole justification to seat Aegon as king but just one last thing Alicent needed to usurp Rhaenyra.

On 12/10/2022 at 09:49, Vive_La_Villa said:

I get they marry cousins, uncles and nieces which is bad enough but yesterdays episode had brother and sister married!  Freaks.

Enjoying the show.

That is the preferred way of the Targs.

Another great episode all round. 

Still a bit of me feeling they could have fleshed out the first half of the season with the young actors into a whole season, this season has also been world building for what is to come.

Great season so far, last two episodes up there with the best of scheming Game of Thrones episodes. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nicho said:

Another great episode all round. 

Still a bit of me feeling they could have fleshed out the first half of the season with the young actors into a whole season, this season has also been world building for what is to come.

Great season so far, last two episodes up there with the best of scheming Game of Thrones episodes. 

I thought it was a tad weaker, only because of the last scene which was a bit GoT season 8 for me. Still loving the show though!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I thought it was a tad weaker, only because of the last scene which was a bit GoT season 8 for me. Still loving the show though!

Yeah was a bit on the nose and can see the glaring plot hole in it but the rest of the episode was great I thought. 

It was a good and bad episode. 

Like the two guys sword fighting for Aegon when they are on the same side!

and the dragon part seemed a bit silly.

Was an interesting look at the internal politics. The twins were working for Otto, who wanted to get to Aegon first so he could manipulate him into wanting Rhaenyra and her kids dead, whereas Alicent sent Aemond and Sir Crispy so she could convince him to be peaceful. It's also an interesting look at how civil wars split families and friends right down the middle.

The dragon was silly, and completely made up for the show.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I've decided to finish the last 3 episodes tonight. Of all the beheadings I've watched on TV, that one by Daemon Targaryen, for sheer shock and satisfaction, was first- class, and the lines that followed were just as good.

That was absolutely brilliant. Prob the best part of the series so far. Was really not expecting that!

• Like 1

Â