Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2022/23

Rds1983

1 minute ago, BOF said:

It's not work sponsored unless they were providing the prize. As for agro, that's stretching, but it's definitely the kind of thing HR would try for and again I'd question its legality. Ho hum.

I'm just trying to guess their logic. If activities on a work night out could be considered work related maybe the league could too? 

59 minutes ago, BOF said:

I'm genuinely curious. How can they stop people playing a game in their spare time for money or otherwise that has nothing to do with the company? It doesn't have to be called the '<My company's name> league'. Can't it be a 'mates' league. I'm curious of the legality. Smacks of HR sticking their nose where it doesn't belong and where it has no right to be. That kinda meddling really pisses me off.

it would probably fall into the gambling category which breaches the company code of conduct

of course they couldn't really stop us texting each other and sort it out privately but it would be a small league. couldn't send a mass email out to the dept though

i have set up a work league, but it's purely a fun league with no money involved

Edited by tomav84

slow day so done a set and forget team with a new account, just to see how it goes. the rule i've set myself is that i can still make transfers for injuries and still use the chips (inc wildcards) but be nice to not have to think about squad selection each week

image.png.cbf4ac500af91b5ecf8521608bd95ca5.png

• Like 1

Been invited to a mate’s cash league with his friends. I definitely spend loads more time on it than they all do each week and would’ve won it if I had been in it last year. Announce 5th place now :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Just now, Farlz said:

He's not been in a single one of my drafts but I feel like I'm just going to have to get Jesus in...

🤡

67% ownership...the highest of all players...it would take a brave player not to put him in

• Like 1

17 hours ago, tomav84 said:

67% ownership...the highest of all players...it would take a brave player not to put him in

Just be ready to jump ship if he doesn’t come up trumps early, as people will drop him quick and his value will drop too

24 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Just be ready to jump ship if he doesn’t come up trumps early, as people will drop him quick and his value will drop too

i'm not overly concerned about that as for 8m i'm not sure there's that logical replacement for jesus.

haaland/kane are the same value though so that's one to keep an eye on. i'm wondering how many are planning the kane - haaland transfer after GW1 as city are home to bournemouth in GW2

19 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i'm not overly concerned about that as for 8m i'm not sure there's that logical replacement for jesus.

haaland/kane are the same value though so that's one to keep an eye on. i'm wondering how many are planning the kane - haaland transfer after GW1 as city are home to bournemouth in GW2

People always seem to be very jumpy in the first couple of weeks though, especially if someone like Toney or Mitrovic score.

Yeah the Haaland Kane one is interesting, I’ve gone for Haaland personally as Kane sometimes struggles early in the season… 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

35 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

People always seem to be very jumpy in the first couple of weeks though, especially if someone like Toney or Mitrovic score.

Yeah the Haaland Kane one is interesting, I’ve gone for Haaland personally as Kane sometimes struggles early in the season… 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

i'm one of those planning the kane-haaland transfer. kane wanted out last summer so that explains his slow start last season, i'm counting on him scoring vs southampton then i'm doing the GW2 transfer as soon as the deadline passes

a risk i know but i just can't see city not putting a load past bournemouth

• Like 1

Less than a week to go and I can't stop looking at my squad and thinking of 93247 different ways I want to change it. Hate going template based but generally goes all wrong when I try to go rogue

3 hours ago, a-k said:

Less than a week to go and I can't stop looking at my squad and thinking of 93247 different ways I want to change it. Hate going template based but generally goes all wrong when I try to go rogue

same. mahrez is screaming at me to include him but can't find a way right now.

wondering about whether it's heart ruling the head to put in bailey, that's the only decision i think i need to make still

1 hour ago, chappy said:

Thought I was smart putting Bailey in a couple of weeks ago as a cheap differential, now he’s all over Twitter as one to put in, annoying.

I did exactly the same. Also thought I was being smart with Jesus, Martial and Da Silva but they're everywhere too. 

• Like 1

Haaland has dropped 10% since the Community Shield despite getting over 1.5xG against that Liverpool defence in a debut. Imagine him against normal teams.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Haaland has dropped 10% since the Community Shield despite getting over 1.5xG against that Liverpool defence in a debut. Imagine him against normal teams.

First few weeks are always mental as people overreact. Some random forward will grab a brace and shoot right up to then blank for ages. 

15 hours ago, BOF said:

I'm guessing this might have something to do with Kane --> Haaland for GW2. Still thinking about what I'll do

15 hours ago, BOF said:

I thought City looked rather poor and lacked a bit of pace. First 5 fixtures are much better for Haaland than Kane but he doesn't have pens, new to the league, might get less minutes/potential rest.