Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2022/23

Rds1983

Have to say I think Jesus is a trap and won't do that well but his ownership is a bit too high to ignore. I may have to start with him and evaluate in a few GWs time, if he does hit the ground running it's a game of catch up and I'm not sure I fancy it.

I really like Kane and Son but I can't have both and their ownerships won't be massively damaging early on.

55 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Have to say I think Jesus is a trap and won't do that well but his ownership is a bit too high to ignore. I may have to start with him and evaluate in a few GWs time, if he does hit the ground running it's a game of catch up and I'm not sure I fancy it.

I really like Kane and Son but I can't have both and their ownerships won't be massively damaging early on.

I think he's too hard to ignore with his preseason form and opening fixtures. Not much else going for strikers around that price unless you're taking a differential punt

2 minutes ago, LancsVillan said:

Made four changes to my side on Sunday and reversed the lot of them today.

I'm really having a Son / Salah dilema and I change my team accordingly every day.

With Liverpool having a proper stiker now, I think it may affect Salah's points, so Son really comes into the frame as there isn't much to differentiate them really and the million difference may be better spent elsewhere

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'm really having a Son / Salah dilema and I change my team accordingly every day.

With Liverpool having a proper stiker now, I think it may affect Salah's points, so Son really comes into the frame as there isn't much to differentiate them really and the million difference may be better spent elsewhere

Agreed that Plop having a 'proper' No.9 could well be an issue, for me Richarlison's signing impacts on Son too as I think Conte will rotate a fair bit and those two seem a likely swap

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

scrapped the back 5 today and gone to a back 4 with mahrez and perisic now in

my concern is chelsea looking at buying full backs...will james move to CB?

The current doubt is James at wingback or right sided centre back. Looks like Azpilicueta is hanging around now too. I'm going with James at the start anyway.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BOF said:

The current doubt is James at wingback or right sided centre back. Looks like Azpilicueta is hanging around now too. I'm going with James at the start anyway.

thing is i cant just swap james for chilwell as he's not a guaranteed starter either if cucurella comes in

for 6m i could just put in dias...they've some all but guaranteed clean sheets in their opening fixtures and could be safer. this really is my only dilemma as things stand

20 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

for 6m i could just put in dias...they've some all but guaranteed clean sheets in their opening fixtures and could be safer. this really is my only dilemma as things stand

Why not Walker at 5m?

Wondering if I should take a punt on someone from scummy Leeds, they have one of the "easiest" starts to the season...

47 minutes ago, BOF said:

Yep both started last game just to confuse things even further close to start of season ...

1 hour ago, a-k said:

Why not Walker at 5m?

Wondering if I should take a punt on someone from scummy Leeds, they have one of the "easiest" starts to the season...

great value.......if he plays

4 minutes ago, a-k said:

With their roster as it stands, who would he be rotated for? Cancelo? And then who on the left?

hasn't ake been playing a bit in pre season?

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

hasn't ake been playing a bit in pre season?

Yes but at CB. Seems that when Cancelo played on the right they had a 19yo with no senior caps fill in on the left.

44 minutes ago, a-k said:

What do people think about Sterling?

my reservations are more around chelsea in general rather than him. not 100% convinced about them

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

my reservations are more around chelsea in general rather than him. not 100% convinced about them

Yeah me too. Might wait a couple of GWs and see how things start. Just really trying to get away from my team that has ended up pretty template.

the lowest % owned player in my starting 11 is bailey at 11.7%, so my team is about as template as it gets. all the usual suspects are in it (though i'm now contemplating a couple of differentials). i do have a thought on what would make the game super interesting: award bonus points for players with low % ownership...so for example a goal for a striker owned by less than 5% scores 6, between 5 and 20 scores 5, over 20 scores 4

thoughts?

25 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

the lowest % owned player in my starting 11 is bailey at 11.7%, so my team is about as template as it gets. all the usual suspects are in it (though i'm now contemplating a couple of differentials). i do have a thought on what would make the game super interesting: award bonus points for players with low % ownership...so for example a goal for a striker owned by less than 5% scores 6, between 5 and 20 scores 5, over 20 scores 4

thoughts?

I don't like that idea. Rather add some other ways to earn/lose points, such as:

- Create X chances = +1 point

- Make X successful passes = +1 point

- Make X successful tackles = +1 point

- Concede a penalty (i.e., the player who fouled or handballed, etc.) = -1 or -2 points

Basically, a lot of factors that go into the bonus points calculations, but actually affecting overall point scores

Edited by a-k