Mike Dean (The Return Of)

John

Just when we thought we were safe from him next season, I see he is back as a "dedicated video assistant referee (VAR) in the PL next season!

He retired at the end of season, but he's back (as if VAR wasn't bad enough already:rolleyes:). His is the second such appointment by the Professional Game Match Officials Ltd (PGMOL), following Lee Mason. 

Kevin Friend, Jon Moss and Martin Atkinson, who also retired at the end of last season, are all moving to managerial or coaching positions within the PGMOL. Talk about jobs for the boys!  

Mike Dean set to retire as Premier League referee and take up full-time VAR  role - Mirror Online image.jpeg.c9f3f876df6c2fa19ef2b62bbdd35bcd.jpeg Nottingham Forest and Huddersfield fans united in rage at huge Wembley  decision - Nottinghamshire Live image.jpeg.a33e6833551485cc70981a552ed82d49.jpeg

Edited by John
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

When you watch CL football you realise just how bad the PL refs are.

To be fair, I don’t need to watch any other football to realise that. 

The continual bias and re-imagining of rules in favour of ‘big’ teams, along with their arrogant interpretation of VAR, going against every other league because ‘they’re the best’ is enough for me. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

What an awful state our country is in for officiating. How hard is it to just have competent, fair people running the top league in world football. Really is a massive stain on the game I wish they could just get right. Sick of feeling cheated by these doughnuts all the time

It’s not going to improve with them all getting cushy jobs as the narcissistic clearing in the woods genuinely think they’re the best in the world.

They’ll want to mould the next breed of officials in their image so I expect more head scratching and utterly baffling decisions to come for many more seasons sadly 

• Like 2

When young talented referees at grassroots are abused week in week out by football fans who complain about refereeing at the top of the game, is it any wonder? There is basically no pool of officiating talent. There is no one to give these jobs to. Until they resolve the shit treatment of referees, nothing will change. Not sure why anyone is surprised about that. I’m sure there are plenty on here guilty of giving it the big’un to teenage referees when playing Sunday league thinking they’re actually in the PL, then wondering why officiating is shit at the top. No one wants the job in its current state. The people that do are not normal. It’s just getting worse and worse as the lower leagues become more and more toxic (although it’s just another symptom of how scummy the country is becoming)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, John said:

Just when we thought we were safe from him next season, I see he is back as a "dedicated video assistant referee (VAR) in the PL next season!

He retired at the end of season, but he's back (as if VAR wasn't bad enough already:rolleyes:). His is the second such appointment by the Professional Game Match Officials Ltd (PGMOL), following Lee Mason. 

Kevin Friend, Jon Moss and Martin Atkinson, who also retired at the end of last season, are all moving to managerial or coaching positions within the PGMOL. Talk about jobs for the boys!  

Mike Dean set to retire as Premier League referee and take up full-time VAR  role - Mirror Online image.jpeg.c9f3f876df6c2fa19ef2b62bbdd35bcd.jpeg Nottingham Forest and Huddersfield fans united in rage at huge Wembley  decision - Nottinghamshire Live image.jpeg.a33e6833551485cc70981a552ed82d49.jpeg

The 4 horseman of the apocalypse 

I'd rather have 4 serial killers in charge or even Prince Andrew

Alright maybe not Prince Andrew

3 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

Do you not remember uriah rennie?

Wasnt he the first ref to have the balls to send Shearer off which was vs us 

The famous Ian Taylor reaction 

1 hour ago, Giro said:

Nah moss is miles ahead of him 

Moss was the most unqualified ref in history. He was in no shape to work with millionaire footballers

Yet also allowed referee his old school student not unbiased at all 

• Like 1

Â