Mike Dean (The Return Of)

John

On 01/07/2022 at 17:57, Giro said:

Jon moss was defo the worst ref I’ve ever laid eyes on 

Nah.

Phil Dowd…

Failed to send off Vidic even though he fouled the last man and, if I remember correctly, used the excuse that “nobody wants to see someone sent off in a cup final”

Arsepiece…

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Zatman said:

I dont think I have seen another black referee in the Premier League or even our Championship games since him 

I wouldn't even want to imagine the abuse a black ref would get in the lower leagues. I suspect that’s the reason 

Andre Marriner seems like a decent ref. 

Its a shame he will never be in charge of any of our games. 

• Like 1

Are people really suggesting Mike Dean was a good ref? I know standards are low, but surely we aren't that desperate to recognise someone.

Hes a complete arse. And not just because of this... spacer.png

4 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

Nah.

Phil Dowd…

Failed to send off Vidic even though he fouled the last man and, if I remember correctly, used the excuse that “nobody wants to see someone sent off in a cup final”

Arsepiece…

Agreed, in that game he also followed up that disgraceful decision by booking almost our entire defence for the exact same offences he then would'nt book their players for within minutes of each other, effectively meaning our players were petrified to go anywhere near them and thus handing UTD victory gift wrapped on a platter. One of the most obviously corrupt & manufactured results I've ever seen.

3 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Are people really suggesting Mike Dean was a good ref? I know standards are low, but surely we aren't that desperate to recognise someone.

Hes a complete arse. And not just because of this... spacer.png

He has explained this many times. Its a bit dramatic but he was right 

I bet if happened the other way you wouldn't have noticed

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

As I said, that doesn't make him a bad ref (but does make him a complete dick that should never have been given that game, for which PGMOL can be blamed), the rest of his atrocious performances do. Consistently terrible decisions every time he refereed our games

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

What is his explanation?

Hes corrupt and he hates the Villa?

19 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

What is his explanation?

Hes corrupt and he hates the Villa?

Was he corrupt and hated Villa when he sent off a West Ham player for Elmo going down too easy? 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Was he corrupt and hated Villa when he sent off a West Ham player for Elmo going down too easy? 

we weren’t talking about that… we were talking about him jumping around, arms raised and clearly happy that Spurs had scored against us…

So… what was his explanation?

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Never mind… just read it… not buying it, it’s bollocks…

and Elmo was fouled maliciously and with intent to wound…

23 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

Nah.

Phil Dowd…

Arsepiece…

Not arguing but from my memory it was closer to "didnt want to ruin the game by sending someone off so early in a cup final" 

Either way his reason was every bit as infuriating as his shit decision 

Same season we had Webb not send Terry off at 1-0 vs Chelsea in the semi final for one of the worst tackles I've ever seen on Milner 

Kevin Friend obviously

Not sure who the ref was who gave utd that laughable penalty for Fernandes fouling konsa 

Can remember plenty of occasions where Dean has spoilt the flow of games with lots of whistling and over zealous use of the yellow card and in general poor games but I can't remember a specific event where I thought he's had an absolute shocker 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Not arguing but from my memory it was closer to "didnt want to ruin the game by sending someone off so early in a cup final" 

Either way his reason was every bit as infuriating as his shit decision 

Same season we had Webb not send Terry off at 1-0 vs Chelsea in the semi final for one of the worst tackles I've ever seen on Milner 

Kevin Friend obviously

Not sure who the ref was who gave utd that laughable penalty for Fernandes fouling konsa 

Can remember plenty of occasions where Dean has spoilt the flow of games with lots of whistling and over zealous use of the yellow card and in general poor games but I can't remember a specific event where I thought he's had an absolute shocker 

That was it!

Im glad someone else remembered something similar and that it wasn’t just something that I made up in my head

8 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Never mind… just read it… not buying it, it’s bollocks…

and Elmo was fouled maliciously and with intent to wound…

To be fair, it does stack up as he's done a similar but opposite reaction when he waved play on and the attacking team soon after wasted the advantage.  He then threw back his head in disgust as he obviously felt he couldnt come back to the original foul.

Either way, in both situations, it's entirely unprofessional and shows up how much of a <insert offensive term of choice> he is.

Wanting to be centre of attention as a referee is not a good thing,  but the fact he invariably favours the United or Spurs over any other team and makes terrible calls as a result is enough for me to think he's rubbish. 

On 02/07/2022 at 16:55, sidcow said:

David Ellery is the best ref I remember. 

You surely can't be serious.  He seemed to have it in for us and seemed to give a ropey decision against us every time he reffed us - the Jon Moss of his era.  Gave the Enckelman throw-in goal against Blues even though Enckelman didn't appear to have touched the ball.  Once gave Sunderland a pen against us when their player clearly handled it.  Hated the bloke.  There were numerous times I wished him serious harm. Conversely I never had an issue with Uriah Rennie.  

• 1 year later...
Â