Mike Dean (The Return Of)

John

3 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

Do you not remember uriah rennie?

Shocking referee.

Unfortunately heard racism towards him in lower Holte and that was when I went to the odd game. Hate to think what he got all over the country week in week out.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

4 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

What an awful state our country is in 

You could end the sentence there.

Somewhat related as Mike Dean is talked about, I can highly recommend this podcast with former referee Jeff Winter. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Shocking referee.

Unfortunately heard racism towards him in lower Holte and that was when I went to the odd game. Hate to think what he got all over the country week in week out.

I dont think I have seen another black referee in the Premier League or even our Championship games since him 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, StanBalaban said:

You could end the sentence there.

Somewhat related as Mike Dean is talked about, I can highly recommend this podcast with former referee Jeff Winter. 

Good interview he calls Riley out on his bullshit and rightfully says Dean is the best in England 

Not a great award but its a poor system in English football now 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, John said:

Just when we thought we were safe from him next season, I see he is back as a "dedicated video assistant referee (VAR) in the PL next season!

He retired at the end of season, but he's back (as if VAR wasn't bad enough already:rolleyes:). His is the second such appointment by the Professional Game Match Officials Ltd (PGMOL), following Lee Mason. 

Kevin Friend, Jon Moss and Martin Atkinson, who also retired at the end of last season, are all moving to managerial or coaching positions within the PGMOL. Talk about jobs for the boys!  

Mike Dean set to retire as Premier League referee and take up full-time VAR  role - Mirror Online image.jpeg.c9f3f876df6c2fa19ef2b62bbdd35bcd.jpeg Nottingham Forest and Huddersfield fans united in rage at huge Wembley  decision - Nottinghamshire Live image.jpeg.a33e6833551485cc70981a552ed82d49.jpeg

It's a shameless old boys club

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Wasnt he the first ref to have the balls to send Shearer off which was vs us 

The famous Ian Taylor reaction 

He told a friend of mine he was going to do it the week before. Perhaps why Taylor looked so shocked...

Well I think most people on here know my thoughts on it all. After doing a pretty indepth study for a couple of seasons of all the top flight games (Not just the Villa ones I hasten to add),  certain sequences emerged which for me confirmed that it is actually by design, not just bad reffing. In my humble opinion there is no doubt that the scummy 6 get a massive helping hand season in, season out from the FA, Via their employees the referees, and now they are double protected by the further layer of deceipt or "smoke screen" that they have handily turned VAR into. Yes the "Checking club badge" before we interevene or not, or whether we decide to apply, totally ignore or even reinvent rules as we need to, to keep the status quo is so obvious it's ridiculous. Funny how it's no issue in other sports or even over in Europe where it appears to be used for purpose, rather than to control results.

So now, in my view, a team outside of the scummy 6 and especially those who also reside outside of London,  would have to effectively play well enough to beat those teams 2-0 to end up with a likely draw or play well enough to beat them by around 3-0 to end up with a single goal victory. Obviously that won't happen very often at all considering those teams usually have the better players regardless.

The old "it all balances out over a season" thing is frankly a load of tosh. At least it is when you play one of those sides. It never balances out against those teams but the illusion that it does is created by the fact that when they play each other, Man U v Liverpool for example or City against Chelsea, then those games do tend to balance out. And of course similarly when we play wolves or Leicester or Southampton play Brighton or Everton, then those games balance out too. This enables the "It all balances out over the season" comment, to be used by all & sundry on repeat year in year out. 

What is not measured is how the decisions fall when those scummy 6 clubs & to a point the other London clubs, play against the rest of us. Well let me tell you, the scales of balance are sitting in their two extremities with one dish on the floor & the other as high as it could go! 

As for the attempted "cover up articles," which are published annually in the media stating "Where would your club have finished without VAR" & then go on to show a couple of images (More often than not of one of those Lverpool v Man U incidents showing one or the other finally getting a decision against them), though of course these ridiculous articles show barely any difference in the table, especially "as it happens" for those same scummy 6 teams, who bizarrely are often shown to have suffered & got less points than they should have had, whilst of course nothing is mentioned, apart from the odd random thing, of the total shockers the rest of us consistently suffer. This for me is simply another smokescreen put out to blur the lines of truth.  

It is no surprise that the usual match rigging troup have been moved into the VAR room. 

We all know what will happen next.

Edited by danceoftheshamen
  • Like 4

We have loads of overseas players playing in the premier league, as it appears from my admittedly unscientific evidence that overseas refs do a far better job than our own UK refs, why don't we see more overseas refs take charge of premier league games?

Or have I just answered my own question ?......😊

• Like 1

2 hours ago, delboy54 said:

We have loads of overseas players playing in the premier league, as it appears from my admittedly unscientific evidence that overseas refs do a far better job than our own UK refs, why don't we see more overseas refs take charge of premier league games?

Or have I just answered my own question ?......😊

I think a foreign ref because of the rules has to work the way up through the lower divisions like the Aussie ref did and now 2 Scottish refs are doing

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

Moss was the most unqualified ref in history. He was in no shape to work with millionaire footballers

Yet also allowed referee his old school student not unbiased at all 

He's the epitome of everything that's wrong with modern refs and PGMOL 

A team of 30 people put villas professional world class athletes on a football pitch just to be reffed by a guy who's "lost" his fitness first pass, PGMOL should be embarrassed by him 

When technology was first touted as helping refs with the pace of the modern game someone should have pointed at moss and asked some very harsh questions 

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

He's the epitome of everything that's wrong with modern refs and PGMOL 

A team of 30 people put villas professional world class athletes on a football pitch just to be reffed by a guy who's "lost" his fitness first pass, PGMOL should be embarrassed by him 

When technology was first touted as helping refs with the pace of the modern game someone should have pointed at moss and asked some very harsh questions 

I have seen the written fitness test for referees, I have it on a file somewhere, I'll post it when I find it. There is no doubt in my mind half the premiership referees especially Moss and the older boys would not have passed that test.

I remember Mark Clattenburg, saying women would find it hard to pass the test after having a child, which was highly sexist and obviously incorrect, but it made me think, if he thought it may be difficult for women how is a overweight Moss gonna get anywhere near a pass.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

I have seen the written fitness test for referees, I have it on a file somewhere, I'll post it when I find it. There is no doubt in my mind half the premiership referees especially Moss and the older boys would not have passed that test.

I remember Mark Clattenburg, saying women would find it hard to pass the test after having a child, which was highly sexist and obviously incorrect, but it made me think, if he thought it may be difficult for women how is a overweight Moss gonna get anywhere near a pass.

I keep coming back to it, but in one interview Mike Dean said he doesn't need to run as much because due to his experience he can make a correct decision from 30 yards out where as a different ref would need to be 10 yards away.

For that comment alone, he should have been sacked. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Zatman said:

I dont think I have seen another black referee in the Premier League or even our Championship games since him 

I saw a black referee in charge of a non-league cup semi final and he was very good.  Hopefully he works his way up the leagues as he seemed to be one of the best at that level.  

The main key for me is Mike Riley stepping down.  I put a lot of the shitness of VAR down to him, he was utterly incompetent.  With the offside technology coming in hopefully things will improve, along with some newer refs.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Genie said:

Our refs seem to buy the bullshit dives and tactical collapses but less so in other countries or European games. They rightly tell them to get up.

Depends on your club badge that, if it's Salah or Bruno Fernandes, Saka or Kane against us or any one of the "Outsider" teams then it's a foul, if however it's Watkins against one of them then you run the risk of being yellow carded or worse sent off (as has been evidenced).

• Like 1

Â