Loan Thread 2022-23

Hornso

5 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I know we all want a team of superstar 20yr olds but players like Kamara, Bellingham and even J. Ramsey to name but a few are an exception rather than the rule.

Id have no issue if Ramsey, Irroegbunam and Archer went back out on loan for the whole of next season too. 

Established Premier League player, Jacob Ramsey, or Aaron?

Edited by fightoffyour

A lot of clubs who we sent players to have changed their manager since, Newport, Crawley, Burton, Huddersfield, Cardiff, Watford, and now looking like QPR as well, that's eight players now playing under a different manager than the one they signed for.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Hornso said:

Summary from the weekend - Who cares about the world cup part V?

Finn Azaz (Plymouth Argyle) 1st/24 [League One]
Home to Port Vale (0-2) - Not in the squad (ankle injury).

Louie Barry (Milton Keynes Dons) 22nd/24 [League One]
Home to Burton (1-1) - Came on in the 36th minute. 51 touches, 74.2% pass accuracy, 4 shots, 1 key pass. WhoScored.com rating of 6.38.

Hayden Lindley (Newport) 18th/24 [League Two]
Away at Crewe (1-2) - Not in the squad.

Viljami Sinisalo (Burton Albion) 23rd/24 [League One]
Away at MK Dons (1-1) - Unused substitute.

Wesley (Levante UD) 4th/22 [Segunda Division]
Home to Malaga (1-0) - Came on in the 87th minute. 7 touches, 100% pass accuracy, 1 shot on target. SofaScore.com rating of 6.8.

Tyreik Wright (Bradford) 6th/24 [League Two]
Away at Leyton Orient (3-0) - Played 90 minutes. 38 touches, 78.3% pass accuracy, 1 shot, 2 key passes. WhoScored.com rating of 6.25.

Brad Young (Ayr United) 1st/10 [Scottish Championship]
Home to Raith Rovers (2-0) - Unused substitute.

A fair chunk of that lot don't seem to be getting many minutes, wonder if we will change things around in January?

9 hours ago, Hornso said:

Home to Burton (1-1) - Came on in the 36th minute. 51 touches, 74.2% pass accuracy, 4 shots, 1 key pass. WhoScored.com rating of 6.38.

Home to Malaga (1-0) - Came on in the 87th minute. 7 touches, 100% pass accuracy, 1 shot on target. SofaScore.com rating of 6.8.

Away at Leyton Orient (3-0) - Played 90 minutes. 38 touches, 78.3% pass accuracy, 1 shot, 2 key passes. WhoScored.com rating of 6.25.

I didn't even realize we had some of these players out on loan. Went down a rabbit hole researching more about some of them and why they aren't playing.

Like with Sinisalo. Seems like he got put on the bench after having had a bad game and being a goalkeeper has barely played since.

This was the game. First goal was genuinely funny to me. He basically does a token effort dive in trying to save the shot thinking it would comfortably sail over the bar only for it to bounce back off the bar and he's now scrambling to get back up because of it. Second goal wasn't much better, shot goes through his legs despite having enough time to react to it.

I genuinely didn't know who Lindley was. Seems like he played a few games at the start of his loan before just completely disappearing for newport. Don't know if its an injury or what's happened there

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I didn't even realize we had some of these players out on loan. Went down a rabbit hole researching more about some of them and why they aren't playing.

Like with Sinisalo. Seems like he got put on the bench after having had a bad game and being a goalkeeper has barely played since.

This was the game. First goal was genuinely funny to me. He basically does a token effort dive in trying to save the shot thinking it would comfortably sail over the bar only for it to bounce back off the bar and he's now scrambling to get back up because of it. Second goal wasn't much better, shot goes through his legs despite having enough time to react to it.

I genuinely didn't know who Lindley was. Seems like he played a few games at the start of his loan before just completely disappearing for newport. Don't know if its an injury or what's happened there

Lindley has played for the senior team twice. Once in the Liverpool game and once at Barrow

4 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Looks like an outfield player put in goal for those two goals. He doesn't put his hands up for the first, and sort of dives like a salmon into the air, for some unknown reason.

And the second you could say he was unlucky because it went through his legs, but you never see a proper keeper concede a goal like that from that distance. They manage to close that gap with their knee.

Poor Sinisalo. To be filed under Adam Rachel I'm afraid.

10 hours ago, YLN said:

Looks like an outfield player put in goal for those two goals. He doesn't put his hands up for the first, and sort of dives like a salmon into the air, for some unknown reason.

And the second you could say he was unlucky because it went through his legs, but you never see a proper keeper concede a goal like that from that distance. They manage to close that gap with their knee.

Poor Sinisalo. To be filed under Adam Rachel I'm afraid.

He had a bad game, it doesn't mean he'll never amount to anything. 

On 04/12/2022 at 23:47, Hornso said:

This thread's just not the same without Finn Azaz

• Like 2

13 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

He had a bad game, it doesn't mean he'll never amount to anything. 

Yes.

I'm speculating based on what I've seen in that video that he doesn't have what it takes though. For my own amusement. On the internet. They don't seem like mistakes that keepers on the path to playing at a good level would make. It seems like a mentality thing. Barthez and Taibi types don't really exist anymore in modern football. Again it's my worthless opinion on the internet

Prove me wrong Viljami!

4 minutes ago, YLN said:

Prove me wrong Viljami!

It won't 'prove' you wrong (in what is a subjective discussion anyway...) but hopefully the below will show you that what you saw probably is not representative of the player.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BOF said:

It won't 'prove' you wrong (in what is a subjective discussion anyway...) but hopefully the below will show you that what you saw probably is not representative of the player.

Tbf, that’s not a high bar to clear. I just went through their under 21 squad, almost every single one of them is currently playing for some scandinavian team I’ve never heard of.

By far the 2 players playing at the highest level are Sinisalo and another keeper they have called lucas bergstrom who’s also been playing in league one with peterborough.

7 minutes ago, BOF said:

Well now I'm invested in seeing how this all pans out. I say Sinisalo never plays at a championship level or higher.

I'm staking my whole reputation on it. I hope he can handle the pressure...

• Haha 1

Â