Loan Thread 2022-23

Hornso

7 hours ago, Hornso said:

Summary from the weekend - Kesler-Hayden's Komeback

Kaine Kesler-Hayden (Huddersfield) 23rd/24 [Championship]
Home to Rotherham (2-0) - Played 90 minutes. 69 touches, 80.9% pass accuracy, 2 key passes. Assist. WhoScored.com rating of 8.03. MOTM.
Home to Luton (1-3) - Played 90 minutes. 51 touches, 60.7% pass accuracy, 2 shots, 1 shot on target, 1 key pass. WhoScored.com rating of 6.52.

It might be a case of too little, too late for KKH. I think HTFC have signed Lowton on loan (yes, that Matt Lowton), if so he will be fighting for minutes and may well be sent back.

Think he was only getting games again as their first-choice RB (Turton) got injured. However, by all accounts has had a couple of excellent games post-WC, so Huddersfield may keep him around after all.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

It might be a case of too little, too late for KKH. I think HTFC have signed Lowton on loan (yes, that Matt Lowton), if so he will be fighting for minutes and may well be sent back.

Think he was only getting games again as their first-choice RB (Turton) got injured. However, by all accounts has had a couple of excellent games post-WC, so Huddersfield may keep him around after all.

I guess we need to find out if they plan on dropping him, or perhaps moving him forward to play on the right of the attack. 

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I guess we need to find out if they plan on dropping him, or perhaps moving him forward to play on the right of the attack. 

I’m speculating on limited highlights but he’s been getting high up the pitch so I think this is definitely a possibility.

Huddersfield have been playing with wing-backs since Kesler-Hayden came into the team so if they're going to continue with that he won't be able to play on the wing as they won't be employing wingers.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Hornso said:

I’m speculating on limited highlights but he’s been getting high up the pitch so I think this is definitely a possibility.

Just now, useless said:

Huddersfield have been playing with wing-backs since Kesler-Hayden came into the team so if they're going to continue with that he won't be able to play on the wing as they won't be employing wingers.

Seems like this is why we need to contact them and find out what their plans are.

Just looking on Huddersfield forum and one of them quoted their manager as saying that when Ollie Turton is fit he will be a guranteed starter, he's a right-back, and he said this after a game in which Kesler-Hayden got an assist and was named man of the match. Maybe we're recalling him, if other Championship teams interested that might be the better option.

Aaron Ramsey loan cut short apparently due to injury. A shame because he was doing well there after a bit of a slow start. Hopefully the injury is nothing too severe but if we’ve decided to cancel the loan it doesn’t look good as presumably it would be best to leave him there if he had the chance of playing a decent number of games later in the season 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

Just looking on Huddersfield forum and one of them quoted their manager as saying that when Ollie Turton is fit he will be a guranteed starter, he's a right-back, and he said this after a game in which Kesler-Hayden got an assist and was named man of the match. Maybe we're recalling him, if other Championship teams interested that might be the better option.

To be fair if you’re 23rd in the league you probably don’t want a very young and slightly gung-ho full back in the side. Hopefully another championship side in a more stable league position could take on the loan instead. I think this lad has real potential but still a bit raw especially on the defensive side judging by the times I’ve seen him 

1 hour ago, david-avfc said:

Aaron Ramsey loan cut short apparently due to injury. A shame because he was doing well there after a bit of a slow start. Hopefully the injury is nothing too severe but if we’ve decided to cancel the loan it doesn’t look good as presumably it would be best to leave him there if he had the chance of playing a decent number of games later in the season 

Is he not just back with us for treatment after knee surgery? I didn't know we cancelled the loan. We've no indication how long he's out for though. 

I'd say KKH is just staying with Huddersfield until Lowton deal is done as he's getting game time and they need him atm. We'll recall him then and hopefully find another championship team for him. If not a top end League 1 side

Â