Loan Thread 2022-23

Hornso

Summary from Tuesday night - Chrisene into the League Cup Semi Finals. Sinisalo sighting!

Finn Azaz (Plymouth Argyle) 1st/4 [EFL Trophy - South Group E]
Home to Crystal Palace U/21s (1-0) - Came on in the 56th minute. 35 touches, 81.8% pass accuracy, 1 shot off target, 1 shot blocked, 2 key passes. Assist. SofaScore.com rating of 6.5. 

Louie Barry (Milton Keynes Dons) 1st/4 [EFL Trophy - South Group C]
Away at Walsall (0-2) - Came on in the 57th minute. 17 touches, 92% pass accuracy. SofaScore.com rating of 6.5. 

Ben Chrisene (Kilmarnock) [Scottish League Cup Quarter Final]
Home to Dundee United (2-1) - Came on in the 63rd minute. Booked.

Kaine Kesler-Hayden (Huddersfield) 23rd/24 [Championship]
Home to Preston (0-1) - Not in the squad.

Hayden Lindley (Newport) 2nd/4 [EFL Trophy - South Group F]
Home to Southampton U/21s (2-1) - Not in the squad.

Aaron Ramsey (Norwich City) 5th/24 [Championship]
Home to Luton (0-1) - Substituted in the 69th minute. 38 touches, 76.7% pass accuracy, 2 shots. WhoScored.com rating of 5.93.

Viljami Sinisalo (Burton Albion) 1st/4 [EFL Trophy - North Group H]
Home to Bradford City (4-0) - Played 90 minutes. 45 touches, 81% pass accuracy, 2 saves. SofaScore.com rating of 7.4.

Tyreik Wright (Bradford) 2nd/4 [EFL Trophy - North Group H]
Away at Burton (4-0) - Not in the squad.

Edited by Hornso
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Summary from Wednesday night - Iroegbunam goes top. Vassilev eliminated.

Keinan Davis (Watford) 15th/24 [Championship]
Away at Millwall (3-0) - Substituted in the 73rd minute. 45 touches, 91.7% pass accuracy, 3 shots, 1 shots on target. Booked. WhoScored.com rating of 6.20.

Kortney Hause (Watford) 15th/24 [Championship]
Away at Millwall (3-0) - Not in the squad.

Tim Iroegbunam (QPR) 1st/24 [Championship]
Home to Cardiff (3-0) - Substituted in the 70th minute. 59 touches, 85.4% pass accuracy, 3 shots, 2 shots on target. WhoScored.com rating of 7.66

Jaden Philogene-Bidace (Cardiff City) 18th/24 [Championship]
Away at QPR (3-0) - Came on in the 75th minute. 6 touches, 50% pass accuracy. WhoScored.com rating of 5.93.

Indiana Vassilev (Inter Miami) [MLS Playoffs]
Away at New York FC (3-0) - Came on in the 57th minute. 11 touches, 66.7% pass accuracy. WhoScored.com rating of 5.70.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Vancvillan said:

@HornsoI think I speak for a lot of people when I say you're a ray of sunshine in stormy weather.  Thanks for doing all this - it's obviously a lot of work.

It's honestly a welcome distraction from reading On-Topic threads right now 🤦‍♂️.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Lots of our attacking players getting a start today, would be nice to see them amongst the goals...

Tim Iroegbunam, Aaron Ramsey, Ben Chrisene, Finn Azaz, Louie Barry, Tyreik Wright, and Brad Young all starting
Viljami Sinisalo on the bench
Kaine Kesler-Hayden, Hayden Lindley, and Caleb Chukwuemeka not in the matchday squads

• Like 2

On 20/10/2022 at 06:49, Hornso said:

Vassilev's season summary at Inter Miami.

13 starts, 12 subs, 1092 minutes, 2 goals, 0 assists, 82.6% pass accuracy. WhoScored.com average rating of 6.31.

Have also added video of Azaz's assist from Tuesday night above.

Even adjusting for sub appearances, that rating is pretty terrible. Wasn’t that much better last season either. I think its safe to say he’s not good enough for the MLS

• Like 1

So far Wright has a goal, Young has an assist and now Barry has won a penalty, just need Azaz to join in with action now, and Ramsey if he makes an appearance from the bench.

Edit: Azaz came off injured half-time, hopefully not too serious.

Edited by useless
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, useless said:

So far Wright has a goal, Young has an assist and now Barry has won a penalty, just need Azaz to join in with action now, and Ramsey if he makes an appearance from the bench.

Edit: Azaz came off injured half-time, hopefully not too serious.

My boy! 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

I wonder if some / all of the young players on loan will be recalled in January so Emery and the new coaches can have a proper look at them? 

I think he’ll have his hands full getting the current squad up to speed, but if the lower leagues continue on through the World Cup (?) maybe he’ll get a chance to see a few prior to the window.

What’s his track record like with bringing through youngsters?

• Like 1

That Barry Penalty incident looked to be outside the box to me. Still, that doesn't take away it was a nice run and turn of pace in behind the defence by the lad. It is a shame he didn't get to go through on goal and maybe score, but he was taken out by the defender.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hornso said:

I think he’ll have his hands full getting the current squad up to speed, but if the lower leagues continue on through the World Cup (?) maybe he’ll get a chance to see a few prior to the window.

What’s his track record like with bringing through youngsters?

Handed debuts to Saka, Smith-Rowe and Martinelli.  Started 18-year-old Yeremy Pino in Europa League final.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, NeilS said:

That Barry Penalty incident looked to be outside the box to me. Still, that doesn't take away it was a nice run and turn of pace in behind the defence by the lad. It is a shame he didn't get to go through on goal and maybe score, but he was taken out by the defender.

It happened about 5 yards outside the box :crylaugh:

Barry penalty was correct decision, player started pushing him outside the box and Barry was going down at that point but if you look closely the Charlton player gave Barry a shove in the back with his hand inside the area which is what finally caused Barry to finally lose his balance, 'lose his balance' probably the wrong descriptoin, more like he was shoved to the ground whilst he was off balance.

Summary from Thursday night

Bertrand Traore (Istanbul Basaksehir) 1st/4 [Europa Conference Group A]
Away at Fiorentina (2-1) - Came on in the 74th minute. 17 touches, 78% pass accuracy. SofaScore.com rating of 6.6.

Think it had already been locked in last game, but with one group game left, Basaksehir have qualified for the next round.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â