Loan Thread 2022-23

Hornso

8 hours ago, Kingman said:

Dose the loan window close at the same time as the transfer window nowadays or dose it still remain open to EFL clubs for another week or two? 

That’s a good question. I think it’s aligned apart from emergency loans but not 100%

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

JPB over the last few pages gets a lot of touches for a winger, no?

Everything must be going through him

Had forgotten he was out there... but then this is the Finn Azaz thread. Seems to be doing OK, anyone know any more about how he's  doing?

23 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Tim getting hooked at half time isnt a great thing is it. Looks like the whole QPR team is really struggling. 

He was on a booking, probably had something to do with it. 

Summary from Tuesday night - Barry's Salford debut

Louie Barry (Salford City) 5th/24 [League Two]
Home to Walsall (1-0) - Came on in the 88th minute. 5 touches, 33.3% pass accuracy. WhoScored.com rating of 5.95.

Jaden Philogene-Bidace (Cardiff City) 21st/24 [Championship]
Away at Luton (1-0) - Came on in the 76th minute. 14 touches, 60% pass accuracy. WhoScored.com rating of 6.28.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

With some of the concerns in the transfer thread about perceived lightness in attacking areas, does anyone know if we are literally able to recall any of 

Jaden Philogene/Wesley/Keinan Davis/Louie Barry/Cameron Archer 

if this hypothetical injury crisis occurred?

1 minute ago, Powehi said:

With some of the concerns in the transfer thread about perceived lightness in attacking areas, does anyone know if we are literally able to recall any of 

Jaden Philogene/Wesley/Keinan Davis/Louie Barry/Cameron Archer 

if this hypothetical injury crisis occurred?

Just goalkeepers i believe 

• Thanks 1

On 30/01/2023 at 00:35, Hornso said:

Summary from the weekend - Not in the squad (Knee injury)

Cameron Archer (Middlesbrough) 3rd/24 [Championship]
Home to Watford (2-0) - Substituted in the 83rd minute. 41 touches, 83.3% pass accuracy, 4 shots, 1 shot on target 2 key passes. Assist. WhoScored.com rating of 7.10.

Having watched the footage I think he's a very lucky lad to get credited with an assist!

Louie Barry (Milton Keynes Dons) 20th/24 [League One]
Away at Exeter (0-2) - Not in the squad.

Ben Chrisene (Kilmarnock) 12th/12 [Scottish Premiership]
Away at Ross County (3-0) - Not in the squad (torn medial ligament).

Keinan Davis (Watford) 4th/24 [Championship]
Away at Middlesbrough (2-0) - Substituted at half time. 13 touches, 60% pass accuracy, 2 key passes. WhoScored.com rating of 6.10.

Kortney Hause (Watford) 4th/24 [Championship]
Away at Middlesbrough (2-0) - Not in the squad (knee injury).

Tim Iroegbunam (QPR) 14th/24 [Championship]
Away at Hull (3-0) - Substituted at half time. 27 touches, 70% pass accuracy. Booked. WhoScored.com rating of 5.86.

Filip Marschall (Gateshead) 21st/24 [National League]
Away at Wealdstone (1-2) - Played 90 minutes.

Morgan Sanson (Strasbourg) 17th/20 [Ligue 1]
Home to Toulouse (1-2) - Substituted in the 64th minute. 40 touches, 79% pass accuracy, 2 shots. WhoScored.com rating of 6.55.

Bertrand Traore (Istanbul Basaksehir) 3rd/19 [Super Lig]
Home to Konyaspor (2-0) - Not in the squad (knee injury)

Wesley (Levante UD) 3rd/22 [Segunda Division]
Home to Burgos (1-0) - Came on in the 72nd minute. 20 touches, 64% pass accuracy, 1 key pass. SofaScore.com rating of 6.6.

Pretty sure I saw somewhere online that Archer got named MotM by the Boro fans and there was plenty of praise flying around in general for his debut performance.

He is definitely continuing to impress at that level, which is excellent news because he can't do anything more. I like him and hope he gets a proper first team chance here at some point.

On 30/01/2023 at 22:52, MWARLEY2 said:

Tim getting hooked at half time isnt a great thing is it. Looks like the whole QPR team is really struggling. 

I watched him play for them vs the Baggies before Xmas and before they started to struggle. I think that loss was the beginning of their slump actually.

He looked to have some really nice touches, without quite producing the killer pass or shot that was required.

Still very young and clearly very talented, but nowhere near being ready to shine at Villa, in my opinion.

Edited by Lerner's Driver

43 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

I watched him play for them vs the Baggies before Xmas and before they started to struggle. I think that loss was the beginning of their slump actually.

He looked to have some really nice touches, without quite producing the killer pass or shot that was required.

Still very young and clearly very talented, but nowhere near being ready to shine at Villa, in my opinion.

I’ve been following his stats, and that’s the impression i get too. Slight concerns about his end product, his shooting in particular. He’s on something like 28 shots and 0 goals atm, with only a couple other players having a worse ratio in the championship.

One game or following a players stats isn't really a good way to judge a player. espcially when the stats being viewed probably give a very limited perspective of the player, of course stats are used a lot in football, but probably a lot more to it than just looking on websites like whoscored and so.

Iroegbunam is probably our youngster with the best chance of making it, and I wouldn't be surprised if he was with our first team squad next season, in fact I'd be more surprised if he wasn't.

Of course not every game, but for the most part he's been excellent for QPR, I think he could potentially be better than Chukwuemeka, and I rate Chukwuemeka highly and think he will have a very good career.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, useless said:

Surely some more loans must still be yet to be announced, if not one thing that can be said is we will have a very strong U21 team that should be challenging for promotion.

The loan window used to stay open for a extra couple of weeks to theThe EFL clubs but I presume that has now been brought in line with Transfer window

It closes the same day as the normal transfer window now, or at least it did as of last summer window unless they've changed it again, I don't think they did.

But sometimes loans out for academy players that happen on last day of transfer window don't get announced straight away, sometimes a day or two later, but if that happens it tends to be low profile players moving to teams in non league, I guess because some of those teams might not have the means to update website and social media straight away.

Of the players we've got who potentially could have gone out on loan, I think they're probably high profile enough that if it had have happened we ourselves would have announced it by now.

12 hours ago, useless said:

One game or following a players stats isn't really a good way to judge a player. espcially when the stats being viewed probably give a very limited perspective of the player, of course stats are used a lot in football, but probably a lot more to it than just looking on websites like whoscored and so.

Iroegbunam is probably our youngster with the best chance of making it, and I wouldn't be surprised if he was with our first team squad next season, in fact I'd be more surprised if he wasn't.

Of course not every game, but for the most part he's been excellent for QPR, I think he could potentially be better than Chukwuemeka, and I rate Chukwuemeka highly and think he will have a very good career.

Shhh...you're exposing the thread!

• Haha 1

Well I'm sure sites like that can give an helpful indication, but can probably also be misleading. But then again so can watching an handful of games on streams, which is what I do at best with loan players, but in the case of Iroegbunam all the signs seem to be positive.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, useless said:

Well I'm sure sites like that can give an helpful indication, but can probably also be misleading. But then again so can watching an handful of games on streams, which is what I do at best with loan players, but in the case of Iroegbunam all the signs seem to be positive.

I think you definitely need to watch a player to make a judgement on them, not just look at statistics. Players have to pass the "eye test". Unfortunately I only have the means to track our loans via statistics, which I choose to share in here. From there it's up to the individual to make of them what they will. If people stop looking at them, I'll stop 🙂

• Like 1

Â