Loan Thread 2022-23

Hornso

I don't know if there's been some sort of rule change regarding U21 players going on loan to non-league clubs outside the transfer window, but recently I've noticed a few happening, Derby sent five of their U21s to non-league teams earlier this month, and Mo Faal from West Brom has gone on loan to Telford for a month.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

I don't know if there's been some sort of rule change regarding U21 players going on loan to non-league clubs outside the transfer window, but recently I've noticed a few happening, Derby sent five of their U21s to non-league teams earlier this month, and Mo Faal from West Brom has gone on loan to Telford for a month.

Let us know if you hear of any of ours going on loan. 

I think the loans that have been happening this month are short term deals until the World Cup. Whether we will do something similar with any of ours I don't know, I imagine a few wil be going out in January though.

Edited by useless

Just back from watching Cheltenham Vs MK Dons, my first chance to watch Louie Barry upclose. Physically you can certainly see how he's developed, no longer looks a small boy.

Barry played on the left of a front 3 in what was a pretty poor game all around. He started and was subbed off after 65 ish minutes I think. 

It was a poor game between two sides close to the bottom of league 1 and I can't recall any decent shooting opportunities for Barry. In the first half he ran at a defender in the box and good have earned a pen, In the second half he did break from half way and looked like he was going to get 1 on 1 with the keeper but Cheltenham got back and he was tackled without getting a shot away. 

Away from the goal he was quite tidy, dropping deep a few times to help link the play before breaking and looking for a ball over the top. The quality at this level rarely delivers that ball though. 

I'd have probably given him 6 out of 10. Carried on working hard but no real chance to shine. Didn't stand out as the player we'd all love him to become but getting valuable minutes.

• Thanks 3

On 30/10/2022 at 04:07, cheltenham_villa said:

Just back from watching Cheltenham Vs MK Dons, my first chance to watch Louie Barry upclose. Physically you can certainly see how he's developed, no longer looks a small boy.

Barry played on the left of a front 3 in what was a pretty poor game all around. He started and was subbed off after 65 ish minutes I think. 

It was a poor game between two sides close to the bottom of league 1 and I can't recall any decent shooting opportunities for Barry. In the first half he ran at a defender in the box and good have earned a pen, In the second half he did break from half way and looked like he was going to get 1 on 1 with the keeper but Cheltenham got back and he was tackled without getting a shot away. 

Away from the goal he was quite tidy, dropping deep a few times to help link the play before breaking and looking for a ball over the top. The quality at this level rarely delivers that ball though. 

I'd have probably given him 6 out of 10. Carried on working hard but no real chance to shine. Didn't stand out as the player we'd all love him to become but getting valuable minutes.

Great to have an eye witness account.

Decent week.

JPB's goal was a thing of beauty.

Wright with a great driving run and through ball.

Ramsey off the markwoth a brace, aided by the fact that Pukki is too good for that division.

Also, how much better are Championship highlights? You get actual commentary. Groundbreaking.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Vancvillan said:

Also, how much better are Championship highlights? You get actual commentary. Groundbreaking.

When we were down there I remember you would get an 8-10 minute official highlight video on Youtube about an hour after the game

More than we currently get in the top tier. Now it's just the goals if lucky

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, useless said:

Ramsey and Irogebunam both starting.

Philogene also starting for Cardiff.

Tim booked in the first minute, he is going to have to be careful for the rest of the game now.

• Like 1

Summary from Wednesday night - I'm still in mourning

Keinan Davis (Watford) 6th/24 [Championship]
Away at Cardiff (1-2) - Not in the squad (hip muscle injury)

Kortney Hause (Watford) 6th/24 [Championship]
Away at Cardiff (1-2) - Not in the squad.

Tim Iroegbunam (QPR) 4th/24 [Championship]
Away at Norwich (0-0) - Played 90 minutes. 48 touches, 75% pass accuracy, 3 shots, 1 shot on target. Booked. WhoScored.com rating of 6.69.

Kaine Kesler-Hayden (Huddersfield) 24th/24 [Championship]
Home to Sunderland (0-2) - Not in the squad.

Jaden Philogene-Bidace (Cardiff City) 18th/24 [Championship]
Home to Watford (1-2) - Played 90 minutes. 42 touches, 89.5% pass accuracy, 4 shots, 1 shot on target, 2 key passes. WhoScored.com rating of 7.47.

Aaron Ramsey (Norwich City) 5th/24 [Championship]
Home to QPR (0-0) - Played 90 minutes. 46 touches, 86.7% pass accuracy, 1 key pass. WhoScored.com rating of 6.65.

Edited by Hornso
Corrected Ramsey's opponent
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Hornso said:

Summary from Wednesday night - I'm still in mourning

Keinan Davis (Watford) 6th/24 [Championship]
Away at Cardiff (1-2) - Not in the squad (hip muscle injury)

Kortney Hause (Watford) 6th/24 [Championship]
Away at Cardiff (1-2) - Not in the squad.

Tim Iroegbunam (QPR) 4th/24 [Championship]
Away at Norwich (0-0) - Played 90 minutes. 48 touches, 75% pass accuracy, 3 shots, 1 shot on target. Booked. WhoScored.com rating of 6.69.

Kaine Kesler-Hayden (Huddersfield) 24th/24 [Championship]
Home to Sunderland (0-2) - Not in the squad.

Jaden Philogene-Bidace (Cardiff City) 18th/24 [Championship]
Home to Watford (1-2) - Played 90 minutes. 42 touches, 89.5% pass accuracy, 4 shots, 1 shot on target, 2 key passes. WhoScored.com rating of 7.47.

Aaron Ramsey (Norwich City) 5th/24 [Championship]
Home to Stoke (3-1) - Played 90 minutes. 46 touches, 86.7% pass accuracy, 1 key pass. WhoScored.com rating of 6.65.

I think you've got Norwich's last game there? Or did they play two opponents in one night? ;)

• Haha 1

Â