Loan Thread 2022-23

Hornso

2 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Tbf, that’s not a high bar to clear. I just went through their under 21 squad, almost every single one of them is currently playing for some scandinavian team I’ve never heard of.

By far the 2 players playing at the highest level are Sinisalo and another keeper they have called lucas bergstrom who’s also been playing in league one with peterborough.

I know. I was just giving some positivity to the discussion.

I was surprised that Lindley got a loan to a side in the football league, not because I didn't think he was good enough but because he's a DM that's a good passer of the ball and has good workrate, but as a player keeps it simple, the type that often goes underappreciated, as a DM he also plays in a position where not many teams will risk playing an inexperienced youngster as well.

I think Brad Young has been unlucky in that Ayr's main player has been Dipo Akinyemi, a centre-forward who has scored thirteen goals in seventeen appearances this season, top scorer in the division and also has five assists, so Young not getting into the team ahead of him, when he does play I think he's playing more out wide, to be fair he's scored two and assisted two in nine appearances in the Scottish Championship which isn't bad all things considered.

Burton was always going to a difficult loan for Sinisalo as their defence is very poor, I remember looking on their fans' form at the start of the season and they were saying with their defence it didn't really matter how good he was or words to that effect, made me think we purposely sent him to a club where we thought he would get lots of practice, although hasn't quite worked out like that as hasn't been a regular for them, I think the club rate him highly though, Cutler did an interview a year or so back and said he was one of the best young goalkeepers in Europe, will probably be our No.2 in the not too distant future.

I imagine there will be a few recalled in January, possibly including the three above, and then sent out to different clubs to try and get them more game time, and also a good chance that a few that didn't get loans in the summer will go out in January instead, Revan and Raikhy two that come to mind.

Sinisalo seems like someone who we should maybe be loaning to the continent. Other clubs don't seem to have a problem with loaning outside the UK, but if we exclude players we've decided we don't want any more we never seem to do it. Maybe the Finnish league is cack, but is it much worse than League 2? Maybe a top Finnish team would be interested in having the country's possible future #1 as a goalie and he could get a season or two of first team football there, rather than hoping a manager sticks their neck on the line for him in the English pyramid. 

16 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Tbf, that’s not a high bar to clear. I just went through their under 21 squad, almost every single one of them is currently playing for some scandinavian team I’ve never heard of.

By far the 2 players playing at the highest level are Sinisalo and another keeper they have called lucas bergstrom who’s also been playing in league one with peterborough.

They have a guy who plays at Hamburg and another at Nordsjaelland too who have broken into the senior side

Summary from Thursday night - Who cares about the world cup part VI?

Wesley (Levante UD) 5th/22 [Segunda Division]
Home to SD Ponferradina (0-0) - Substituted in the 65th minute. 20 touches, 100% pass accuracy, 2 shots off target, 1 big chance missed, 2 key passes, 1 big chance created. SofaScore.com rating of 6.6.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 28/11/2022 at 15:28, useless said:

A lot of clubs who we sent players to have changed their manager since, Newport, Crawley, Burton, Huddersfield, Cardiff, Watford, and now looking like QPR as well, that's eight players now playing under a different manager than the one they signed for.

MK Dons have sacked Liam Manning now, so eight of the clubs we've sent players to on loan at the start of the season have sacked their manager before Christmas.

• Thanks 1

Summary from Tuesday night

Louie Barry (Milton Keynes Dons) [EFL Cup - Round of 16]
Home to Leicester (0-3) - Came on in the 73rd minute. 3 touches, 100% pass accuracy. WhoScored.com rating of 6.01.

Bertrand Traore (Istanbul Basaksehir) [Turkish Cup - 5th Round]
Home to Goztepe (3-1) - Not in the squad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 21/12/2022 at 06:38, Hornso said:

Summary from Tuesday night

Louie Barry (Milton Keynes Dons) [EFL Cup - Round of 16]
Home to Leicester (0-3) - Came on in the 73rd minute. 3 touches, 100% pass accuracy. WhoScored.com rating of 6.01.

Bertrand Traore (Istanbul Basaksehir) [Turkish Cup - 5th Round]
Home to Goztepe (3-1) - Not in the squad.

Anyone happen to know why Traore wasn't in the squad?

Another player on loan at a club who sacked the manager

I imagine the club are considering a recall the Norwich fans dont seem to like him so can see a caretaker or new manager dropping him 

Edited by Zatman

Ramsey has more goals and assists contributions for Norwich than any other player other than their two centre-forward's Pukki and Sargent. in October The Athletic did an article on him where it stated that he'd created more chances than any other Championship player in 'open play', I think he had the best assist ratio per ninety minutes at that point as well, he's since scored three goals for them since that article was published so it's not as if his form dropped since then.

They would be pretty foolish to not want to keep him, they genuinely haven't got anyone any better in the creative positions, it's not just about his goals and assists either, I've watched them and they seem to play better with him in the team, I've noticed the same with England U19s as well, it's not necessarily that he's doing anything spectacular, but he seems a very mature player for his age, keeps the ball moving and more often than not picks the right pass, and he's more than capable coming up with moments of skill at the right time as well.

• Like 1

I think any of Zych, Marschall, Feeney, Smith, Revan, Raikhy, Tommi O'Reilly, Bogarde, and Frith could potentially go out on loan in January, would have said Swinkels as well but seems he's had a long term injury.

Good to see Barry, Philogene, and Kesler-Hayden all starting today, Tyreik Wright also starts for Bradford.

Reports from local press in Newport that they've send all three of their loans back to their parent clubs, including Lindley.

• Like 1

Â