Loan Thread 2022-23

Hornso

2 hours ago, skarroki said:

Kesler having a real tough time of it. Would be maybe worth sending him back to MK or Swindon, bit of familiarity 

Always thought we rushed his development anyway. I think he should’ve been plying his trade in league 1 right now.

Been a victim of his own hype really. Quite a lor of our fans think he’s already pl ready when in reality he’s still a couple years off that.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, skarroki said:

The hell is going on with Wesley? Really not good enough to start for a team in the Spanish 2nd Division?! Getting maybe 8 minutes a fortnight. 

It's a shame what happened to him. I assume in summer next year we'll pay up the final year of his contract and let him sign for another club. 

5 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Always thought we rushed his development anyway. I think he should’ve been plying his trade in league 1 right now.

Been a victim of his own hype really. Quite a lor of our fans think he’s already pl ready when in reality he’s still a couple years off that.

That's nonsense, it's the change of change and fact Huddersfield are a shambles and will be relegated. 

4 hours ago, CVByrne said:

That's nonsense, it's the change of change and fact Huddersfield are a shambles and will be relegated. 

If Huddersfield are a shambles and one of the worst teams in the league, you'd think Kaine would be able to get some minutes. He's not been rated by two different managers now at the club and has been poor when he's given the chance on the whole. 

I was hoping he'd go to Preston as they're desperate for a RWB. Maybe a switch in the Jan window. Otherwise he's better off in a lower division or back with our squad imo 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, skarroki said:

If Huddersfield are a shambles and one of the worst teams in the league, you'd think Kaine would be able to get some minutes. He's not been rated by two different managers now at the club and has been poor when he's given the chance on the whole. 

I was hoping he'd go to Preston as they're desperate for a RWB. Maybe a switch in the Jan window. Otherwise he's better off in a lower division or back with our squad imo 

Been said before but a struggling team might be more likely to turn to the older heads for experience rather than a young loanee.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Been said before but a struggling team might be more likely to turn to the older heads for experience rather than a young loanee.

Huddersfield are playing a lad from their academy that turned 18 years old in May as a makeshift RB ahead of Kaine. 

Summary from the weekend - Louie Barry bags, get subbed. Hayden & Sinisalo make rare starts.

Finn Azaz (Plymouth Argyle) 1st/24 [League One]
Away at Lincoln (1-1) - Not in the squad (ankle injury).

Louie Barry (Milton Keynes Dons) 21st/24 [League One]
Home to Derby (1-3) - Substituted at half time. 24 touches, 87.5% pass accuracy, 2 shots, 1 shot on target, 2 key passes. Scored. WhoScored.com rating of 7.16.

Ben Chrisene (Kilmarnock) 11th/12 [Scottish Premiership]
Home to Hibs (1-0) - Not in the squad (ankle injury)

Keinan Davis (Watford) 4th/24 [Championship]
Away at Bristol City (0-0) - Played 90 minutes. 40 touches, 73.9% pass accuracy. WhoScored.com rating of 6.10.

Kortney Hause (Watford) 4th/24 [Championship]
Away at Bristol City (0-0) - Not in the squad.

Tim Iroegbunam (QPR) 7th/24 [Championship]
Away at Coventry (2-0) - Not in the squad.

Kaine Kesler-Hayden (Huddersfield) 24th/24 [Championship]
Home to Swansea (0-0) - Substituted in the 64th minute. 31 touches, 70.6% pass accuracy. WhoScored.com rating of 6.55.

Hayden Lindley (Newport) 19th/24 [League Two]
Home to Stockport (1-2) - Not in the squad.

Jaden Philogene-Bidace (Cardiff City) 19th/24 [Championship]
Home to Sheffield United (0-1) - Not in the squad.

Aaron Ramsey (Norwich City) 5th/24 [Championship]
Home to Middlesbrough (1-2) - Substituted in the 70th minute. 39 touches, 89.7% pass accuracy, 1 shot on target, 2 key passes. WhoScored.com rating of 6.69.

Viljami Sinisalo (Burton Albion) 23rd/24 [League One]
Home to Charlton (3-3) - Played 90 minutes. 24 touches, 47.6% pass accuracy. WhoScored.com rating of 5.60.

Bertrand Traore (Istanbul Basaksehir) 5th/19 [Super Lig]
Home to Galatasaray (0-7) - Substituted in the 63rd minute. 41 touches, 81.8% pass accuracy, 3 shots, 1 shot on target, 3 key passes. WhoScored.com rating of 6.10.

Wesley (Levante UD) [Copa del Rey 1st Round]
Away at UE Olot (0-4) - Substituted in the 76th minute.

Tyreik Wright (Bradford) 4th/24 [League Two]
Away at Sutton (0-2) - Not in the squad.

Brad Young (Ayr United) 1st/10 [Scottish Championship]
Away at Hamilton (2-3) - Unused substitute.

• Thanks 4

On why Hause is not in any squads

Hause was an unused substitute at Wigan but didn’t feature at all at Cardiff, prompting questions whether the defender had suffered some sort of setback.

“It’s not a case of him having a setback,” explained Bilic.

“He wasn’t on the bench at Wigan because he was fully fit, he was there because we didn’t have enough defenders for that game. Basically he was there just in case something happened to both centre backs.

“He has an issue with his knee and he is not fully fit. He still has some pain in his knee and that is stopping him from proper training and being 100% fit for games.

“On paper he is one of the top defenders we have, but unfortunately he can’t get to the fitness level he wants. I trust him, I believe him, but the way the knee has been treated so far hasn’t brought him any closer to the level he wants, and the level that is required.

Watford head coach Bilic outlines latest injury news | Watford Observer

He underwent knee surgery in summer. It could be related and that didn't fix his issue?

Edited by CVByrne
  • Thanks 1

On 15/11/2022 at 07:42, CVByrne said:

On why Hause is not in any squads

He underwent knee surgery in summer. It could be related and that didn't fix his issue?

The problem with Hause is he is very injury prone. If he wasn't he could have surpassed Mings by now. 

12 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

A lot of the loanees don't seem to be getting much game time at the moment. 

I've been saying this for as long as anyone will listen, we're not great at loaning our players out. We either don't loan them out, or we make a mess of the club we loan the player to. There are, of course, a couple of exceptions, but on the whole, we need to improve at it. 
In fairness, I think we have improved since NSWE came in, but we still could be a lot better at it!

• Like 1

On 10/11/2022 at 00:06, skarroki said:

The hell is going on with Wesley? Really not good enough to start for a team in the Spanish 2nd Division?! Getting maybe 8 minutes a fortnight. 

Even when Wesley was here, I thought he was such a poor player. He did ok in a couple of games but for the most part, was very, very bad. 
On top of that, you have the injury, which sounds as if it's all but ended his career. I feel for the bloke. 

Summary from the weekend - Who needs the world cup when there's the EFL Trophy!

Finn Azaz (Plymouth Argyle) [EFL Trophy 2nd Round]
Home to Charlton (3-2) - Not in the squad (ankle injury).

Louie Barry (Milton Keynes Dons) [EFL Trophy 2nd Round]
Home to Newport (3-1) - Substituted in the 53rd minute. 20 touches, 89% pass accuracy, 1 shot off target. SofaScore.com rating of 6.5.

Hayden Lindley (Newport) [EFL Trophy 2nd Round]
Away at MK Dons (3-1) - Not in the squad.

Viljami Sinisalo (Burton Albion) [EFL Trophy 2nd Round]
Home to Tranmere (1p-1) - Unused substitute.

Tyreik Wright (Bradford) [EFL Trophy 2nd Round]
Away at Salford (1-0) - Played 90 minutes. 54 touches, 79% pass accuracy, 1 shot on target. SofaScore.com rating of 6.8.

Disappointing Sinisalo didn't get a run as cup keeper as he did in the group stage. Draw for the last 16 taking place tonight I believe.

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I've been saying this for as long as anyone will listen, we're not great at loaning our players out. We either don't loan them out, or we make a mess of the club we loan the player to. There are, of course, a couple of exceptions, but on the whole, we need to improve at it. 
In fairness, I think we have improved since NSWE came in, but we still could be a lot better at it!

Barry and Kesler Hayden have been fast tracked up the leagues too soon. Barry did OK at Swindon but another season in League 2 was probably needed

Kesler Hayden some believed should be our 1st choice right back

Â