Have you ever been Scammed?

maqroll

I recently made a purchase on Facebook when I was half asleep. A $50 pair of boots. 

I fell for a "flash sale" ad.

Waiting to see if my bank can retrieve the money but I'm not holding my breath. 

I was scammed selling some tickets rather than buying. In hindsight made some glaring mistakes but I just didn't have my guard up that I would have had I been trying to buy some.

Just annoying as there was no way of getting anything back (I think) unlike if I was scammed buying. Annoyed myself massively and never actually told anyone until now out of embarrassment. You live and learn.

Yeah, a couple of years ago I had one of those “there’s been some unusual activity on your account, click here, blah blah blah” text messages. 

For whatever reason (stupidity being the leading contender) I believed it. Quickly realised my mistake and had to contact the bank and sort it.

I have no idea why I fell for it on that one occasion. I’ve dismissed them before, I’ve dismissed them since. Something made me think that one was legit. Maybe the wording, not sure. 

• Like 1

Yes. I agreed to meet this woman who said she 'curvy' and was a size 12. 

She was more like a size 22 wearing size 12 clothes. 

seinfeld-jerry-seinfeld.gif

Never do blind dates! 

• Haha 1

Seriously though, luckily I've been ok online so far and not fallen for any scams. I have been scammed face to face though. I got drugged on a night out in Hong Kong once. I got separated from my mates and was chatting to a group of girls next thing I know, I wake up the next afternoon in my hotel room, with a splitting headache and a few hundred pounds lighter. 

5 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Ian Ormondroyd and Nigel Callaghan are the missing pieces of the jigsaw that will win us the title.  

That was Tony Cascarino!

Luckily not, my two best mates have been in the last year or so, one via Facebook when trying to buy a motorbike and the other fell for a phone banking scam for £3k of which he only got half back.

Edited by sharkyvilla

I got scammed years ago on bloody Fifa of all things.

I used to play the ultimate team mode on there a lot and I’d assembled a good squad, had probably spent in the region of £30 on cards/packs etc as well as ‘organically’ gaining some good players.

I had a day off work and had planned to cane fifa all day, got up in the morning and turned my PlayStation on and had a message from ‘EA Sports’ saying I’d won 250,000 coins or something in the monthly prize draw, all I had to do was use a link provided, input my details and I’d have the coins deposited.

So knobhead me, pasted the link into a web browser, all looked very official so I put my login details in where requested, nothing happened. I put my logins in 3 or 4 times more just to be sure.

Thought nothing much of it, went for a dump or something, came back to my PS, logged in to play my days worth of fifa and my squad had been cleaned out and replaced with a few bronze (shite) players, all my coins had gone too.

I didn’t play fifa again for about 3 years.

EA sports did feck all to help, I felt like an absolute moron.

Obviously super trivial on the spectrum of being scammed but yeah, I was dumb enough to fall for it once.

Quick, nobody mention Brexit, else the thread will descend into mud slinging. 

Anyway, being scammed is shit. We're all one moment of not concentrating away from it. 

• Like 2

Noel Gallagher acoustic tickets about 15 years ago, fortunately paid for them via credit card and they got me the money back

Had a few instances where I've bought previously sold out things off dodgy "back in stock" websites, to be fair to them the Chinese company that runs them at least send something...quite funny what has turned up

Â